Question AT&T A54 5G doesn't connect to other mobile network

zspira

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
This is highly annoying! For some reason with this phone, I don't end up connecting to other mobile networks that I used to connect to without an issue when I was using my older Galaxy s series phone. It seems it only wants to connect to the 5G network and nothing else. I've been in buildings where I used to have perfect service and now I have nothing. I come out of those buildings and it takes upwards of 20 minutes or so until I finally get connected to a 5G network. More often than not, when I come out of a building I put myself in airplane mode and take myself out in order to connect to mobile networks again.

The non 5G devices have a setting that allows you to tell it which mobile networks to connect to. Unfortunately that is not available on a 5G you can see from my attached screenshot.

Any ideas would be very helpful as the devices past 30 days and I don't think AT&T will want to replace it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809_132903_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_132903_Call settings.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 8

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
AT&T hides the Network Preference page of Settings on all their branded phones, and even some unbranded phones used on their network.

You can try the "Samsung Band Selection" app from the Play Store. That unhides that page so you set just LTE.

The problem is that if the 5G signal is weak, chances are that the LTE signal is just as weak. That's been my experience.

zspira

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
AT&T hides the Network Preference page of Settings on all their branded phones, and even some unbranded phones used on their network.

You can try the "Samsung Band Selection" app from the Play Store. That unhides that page so you set just LTE.

The problem is that if the 5G signal is weak, chances are that the LTE signal is just as weak. That's been my experience.
Seems the app is blocked from doing what it needs to by samsung. Time to complain to samsung for a lousy product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter