12-11-2020 11:46 PM
28 12
tools
    https://www.droid-life.com/2020/12/0...ui-3-0-update/

Anyone get it yet? I'm on the beta but I changed carriers mid beta so my enrollment is screwed up and I'm stuck on ZTKE with T-Mobile on SM-G981U1
    12-02-2020 12:30 PM
    Yes just got it. S20 ultra on Verizon
    12-02-2020 12:41 PM
    Downloading it now on my Verizon S20+.
    MarvBear likes this.
    12-02-2020 01:01 PM
    Downloading on Verizon now, S20+
    MarvBear likes this.
    12-02-2020 01:09 PM
    Just got it about an hour ago. S20+ on Verizon.
    MarvBear likes this.
    12-02-2020 01:26 PM
    This was quicker then I thought , Awesome
    12-02-2020 01:33 PM
    Not yet. S20 FE 5G on T-Mobile
    12-02-2020 01:45 PM
    waiting for the unlocked version to drop...by the end of the week
    pags11 and jeffc73 like this.
    12-02-2020 01:50 PM
    Not yet. S20 FE 5G on T-Mobile
    I saw an article and the FE was left off. I have one myself so that's pretty disappointing. Hoping it was an accident/oversight that it was left off the list.
    12-02-2020 02:18 PM
    I saw an article and the FE was left off. I have one myself so that's pretty disappointing. Hoping it was an accident/oversight that it was left off the list.
    So were all (or almost all) models with 5G (and maybe other suffixes) in the name, including my wife's A51 5G. I suspect some models are lumped in as sub-models of the listed phones, so the FE 5Gs are lumped in with S20.
    acles003 likes this.
    12-02-2020 02:26 PM
    Not yet on t-mobile s20 plus
    12-02-2020 02:38 PM
    Having an issue since the update with Nova launcher. I have Nova set as default Home app but it keeps switching back to Oneui when I close out apps and resetting
    12-02-2020 03:27 PM
    waiting for the unlocked version to drop...by the end of the week
    Hoping that is the case as I've got an unlocked S20 Ultra on Spectrum Mobile.
    12-02-2020 03:57 PM
    That article may be the one referenced in another recent thread. If so, that list stated that it was only for Egypt. Is the FE available in Egypt?

It certainly won't be included with the other 3 older S20 handsets. Those were in the beta, the FE wasn't. Also, the other Verizon S20s are getting the update today, and my Verizon FE isn't.

The Verizon FE has been receiving the monthly updates about two weeks after the other 3 S20 handsets. I wouldn't expect the big update in two weeks, but...after.
    12-02-2020 04:17 PM
    Damn and I have the same phone and it doesn't show up in my manual check for updates.
    Yes just got it. S20 ultra on Verizon
    12-03-2020 01:00 AM
    The Verizon FE has been receiving the monthly updates about two weeks after the other 3 S20 handsets. I wouldn't expect the big update in two weeks, but...after.
    I got the December security patch update pushed to my Verizon FE overnight. As I mentioned, based on the first two months, that wouldn't have happened for a couple of weeks.

Don't get excited if you see you have an update on your FE.
    12-03-2020 07:43 AM
    My T-mobile FE still on October patch.
    12-03-2020 11:40 AM
    My T-mobile FE still on October patch.
    Have you also been getting them around the third week of the month? I got October and November patches on the 23rd of each month. So, right away like this month was a surprise.
    12-03-2020 02:28 PM
    I got a security update around a week ago. I was thinking it might include the 5G patch but nope. Now the A11 update is rolling out... Wonder which one I'll get first being unlocked and on Verizon???
    12-03-2020 11:13 PM
    Any idea when unlocked devices will get it? Its been 5 days or so since rollout began and I've seen carriers like Verizon, whom have been historically slow to roll put major updates already rolling it out. I got an unlocked device thinking I could bypass Verizon, but apparently it doesn't work thst way. Are unlocked devices actually last to get them now? If so, that doesn't make sense as there is no carrier software to have to check compatibility first.
    12-07-2020 03:52 PM
    Any idea when unlocked devices will get it? Its been 5 days or so since rollout began and I've seen carriers like Verizon, whom have been historically slow to roll put major updates already rolling it out. I got an unlocked device thinking I could bypass Verizon, but apparently it doesn't work thst way. Are unlocked devices actually last to get them now? If so, that doesn't make sense as there is no carrier software to have to check compatibility first.
    I spoke with a tech support rep from Spectrum Mobile this morning. She told me their plan is to have it out to the S20 line of phones on their network no later than next Monday.
    12-07-2020 07:51 PM
    Hopefully the unlocked version gets it this week. (fingers crossed)
    pags11 likes this.
    12-07-2020 09:46 PM
    ... I got an unlocked device thinking I could bypass Verizon, but apparently it doesn't work thst way. Are unlocked devices actually last to get them now? If so, that doesn't make sense as there is no carrier software to have to check compatibility first.
    Yeah way back when if you bought an unlocked device you got things earlier than the carrier devices. Not sure how factual it is, but they said that was due to all of the extra tweaks they had to make to ensure it didn't disable or interfere with all of the carrier bloat added to locked devices. Carriers, probably to push brand loyalty or dependence, take your pick, switched this up probably under the guise of locked device buyers are less likely to leave and loyal. Who really knows. But yeah it usually sucks to always be last except in the case of Android 10, on Verizon I believe, where the rollout started and was halted when serious bugs were found in the release. First rounders were stuck for several weeks while they worked them out.

Speaking of unlocked and Verizon, I'm still waiting for the 5G update. I never would have thought it would be this slow because that's been out for, what?, a month or more now? Curious to see which I get first, 5G or A11? I think I'd rather see A11 first but it would also be nice to finally see that 5G symbol on this 5G device, if you know what I mean.
    pags11 likes this.
    12-08-2020 08:03 PM
    Unlocked on Verizon get the monthly security updates first but OS updates after the carrier branded models.
    pags11 and KPMcClave like this.
    12-08-2020 08:18 PM
    Yeah way back when if you bought an unlocked device you got things earlier than the carrier devices. Not sure how factual it is, but they said that was due to all of the extra tweaks they had to make to ensure it didn't disable or interfere with all of the carrier bloat added to locked devices. Carriers, probably to push brand loyalty or dependence, take your pick, switched this up probably under the guise of locked device buyers are less likely to leave and loyal. Who really knows. But yeah it usually sucks to always be last except in the case of Android 10, on Verizon I believe, where the rollout started and was halted when serious bugs were found in the release. First rounders were stuck for several weeks while they worked them out.

Speaking of unlocked and Verizon, I'm still waiting for the 5G update. I never would have thought it would be this slow because that's been out for, what?, a month or more now? Curious to see which I get first, 5G or A11? I think I'd rather see A11 first but it would also be nice to finally see that 5G symbol on this 5G device, if you know what I mean.
    A11 probably include 5G....at least the beta version does.
    VidJunky and KPMcClave like this.
    12-08-2020 08:20 PM
28 12