LTE 4G Bands question?!

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Galaxy FE 5G and I'm super f'n stoked. One reason is I will have BANDS for my network, unlike my Xiaomi (which at the time I didn't know could effect it).

I bought the International version of the S20 FE. Now looking at the bands in the photo, I could truly NEEEED band 71. USA model has it but international says it only goes to 66.

Since I'm going to be using here in the US on the metro/t-mobile network, will I be able to use the 71 band on the platform? IMG_20210323_224938.jpg

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm an ***** for not checking this beforehand lol. But I can't find the info on this anywhere. I'm excited for the phone but the whole international bands to US bands are confusing to me.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this helps, but according to T-Mobile's website, band 71 is just an "extended range 4G LTE" band. They also use band 12 for that.

Now they may or may not actually have band 71 running in the area you'll be. But they also run bands 2, 4, 5 and 66. If those are nearby, there's no specific reason to even need band 71. Your phone will pick the best available band.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's so awesome about your new phone acquisition! The S20 FE is amazing! My brother-in-law loves his! Let us know when you get it, and how you are liking it!

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this helps, but according to T-Mobile's website, band 71 is just an "extended range 4G LTE" band. They also use band 12 for that.

Now they may or may not actually have band 71 running in the area you'll be. But they also run bands 2, 4, 5 and 66. If those are nearby, there's no specific reason to even need band 71. Your phone will pick the best available band.
Yeah I wasn't sure. I know the others are good too. I just always heard 71 was their best one and actually going to be used to really support 5g.

In general so I know for the future, are bands used if you bring a phone to the US when we use different ones? Or is the phone not capable of it because the band isn't listed on the international model? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, still new to this topic.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
That's so awesome about your new phone acquisition! The S20 FE is amazing! My brother-in-law loves his! Let us know when you get it, and how you are liking it!
I didn't know how to multi-quote on here lol.

But I appreciate it. I'm super stoked. And have watched so many videos on it with other phones too so I'm glad I picked this one. I got the Cloud Red too which looks so dang good.