Google calendar widget text wraps...how to change?

pauly814

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello, had a Galaxy S8+ and the calendar widget installed. Words would not wrap to the next line.
For example...

Auto repair

On the S20+ the text is wrapping on many calendar entries. For example

Auto re
pair

Is there any way to have it not wrap?

I have tried deleting and replacing The widget. Tried making text smaller in accessibility, that also made no diff.

There does not seem to be any options in the google calendar widget settings

Any thoughts?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, had a Galaxy S8+ and the calendar widget installed. Words would not wrap to the next line.
For example...

Auto repair

On the S20+ the text is wrapping on many calendar entries. For example

Auto re
pair

Is there any way to have it not wrap?

I have tried deleting and replacing The widget. Tried making text smaller in accessibility, that also made no diff.

There does not seem to be any options in the google calendar widget settings

Any thoughts?
Try clearing cache and force stop the Google calendar

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the widget doesn't wrap words. There's limited space in a widget in the first place, so they probably need to make use of whatever space they have.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Either try using the highest resolution or the highest home grid layout.

EDIT: found the setting. Open Samsung Calendar and go into settings and turn off wrap text.
dc93d7287792c1393ba13bd98e771357.jpg

pauly814

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, thank you for finding that. Before I saw this response though, I ended up changing the grid size from 4 to 5 across, and this also solved the problem for most of my events.

EDIT: Actually, I don't even have that option for wrap text in the settings of the app.

Last edited:

hsbridge

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Entering this thread late...but I'm having the same problem with the Samsung calendar widget wrapping the text of my calendar events (which I don't want) and as pauly814 mentioned above, I don't have the option for "Let event titles wrap" (or not) within the calendar settings. Nor do I have the option of adjusting the grid size of the home page to see if that would help. Appreciate any further advice. Samsung Galaxy S9 / Android ver 10 / Knox ver 3.4.1

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Entering this thread late...but I'm having the same problem with the Samsung calendar widget wrapping the text of my calendar events (which I don't want) and as pauly814 mentioned above, I don't have the option for "Let event titles wrap" (or not) within the calendar settings. Nor do I have the option of adjusting the grid size of the home page to see if that would help. Appreciate any further advice. Samsung Galaxy S9 / Android ver 10 / Knox ver 3.4.1
Check settings >display >fonts

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a screenshot of my calendar and have been researching options on how to insert or attach the screenshot to this thread message. I go through the steps within my response to insert or attach the jpeg but when I click on upload and nothing happens in either case.
Through chrome I struggle with this lol, I use the forums app mainly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty