Does the S21 Ultra come with a pre-installed screen protector?

fred134134

Jan 11, 2021
Visit site
Instead of digging in the screen protector thread, I figured I'd make a thread :cool:

Does it come with a pre-installed screen protector?

I am asking for the Tmobile version in the US?

If it helps others, state what region US/Canada/UK/Korea etc, Model version - Samsung unlocked.

For past reference:

- US Tmobile Note 10+ did come with a pre applied screen protector

- US Unlocked Samsung Note 20 Ultra did NOT come with a pre-applied screen protector

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Instead of digging in the screen protector thread, I figured I'd make a thread :cool:

Does it come with a pre-installed screen protector?

I am asking for the Tmobile version in the US?

If it helps others, state what region US/Canada/UK/Korea etc, Model version - Samsung unlocked.

For past reference:

- US Tmobile Note 10+ did come with a pre applied screen protector

- US Unlocked Samsung Note 20 Ultra did NOT come with a pre-applied screen protector

I thought I read they all came with protectors now My S10 Plus unlocked did. And I ask somebody that was reviewing a YouTube video on the Ultra and he said yes.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I peel them off anyway - the naked screen looks and feels the best. My first smartphone was a S2 and I have yet to this day to have ever damaged a screen. Guess I don't run a jack hammer enough on my screen or run it over enough with a steam roller or even carry it around in a pouch full of steel bolts to need a screen protector lol. Ironically the guys at work with those 18" thick tungsten carbide cases are the ones who always seem to damage their phones...lol.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I peel them off anyway - the naked screen looks and feels the best. My first smartphone was a S2 and I have yet to this day to have ever damaged a screen. Guess I don't run a jack hammer enough on my screen or run it over enough with a steam roller or even carry it around in a pouch full of steel bolts to need a screen protector lol. Ironically the guys at work with those 18" thick tungsten carbide cases are the ones who always seem to damage their phones...lol.

My husband doesn't care for a screen protector on his phone neither. But I'll get a Zagg. I should have looked at the demo ones at Best Buy and seen if they had one on there I didn't pay attention.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it's just the US models that don't have them (although it'd be better if everyone got them).

Looking on Amazon, tempered glass protectors are basically impossible to get for the S21 ultra.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I work on cars in a rural area and my screens always end up with micro scratches from all the dirt. I'm on my 2nd note 20 and this one is all scratched up already. Thankfully I know the guys at my T-mobile store and they did a warranty exchange for my last one. Looks like my kid is gonna be getting a slightly scratched note 20 ultra 512gb.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I peel them off anyway - the naked screen looks and feels the best. My first smartphone was a S2 and I have yet to this day to have ever damaged a screen.
I too have never installed a screen protector, but I did leave the pre-installed one in place on my Note10+. I'll probably do the same if the S21 Ultra comes with one, but I'll simply remove it if it starts to look bad.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I work on cars in a rural area and my screens always end up with micro scratches from all the dirt. I'm on my 2nd note 20 and this one is all scratched up already. Thankfully I know the guys at my T-mobile store and they did a warranty exchange for my last one. Looks like my kid is gonna be getting a slightly scratched note 20 ultra 512gb.

I work outdoor construction and I also keep my phone on me when I'm dirt bike riding and ATV'ing and have never once put any scratches in my screen.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've read a good portion of the international versions are coming with one but that the U.S. ones are not.

I can guess why... US carriers sell screen protectors, so asked Samsung if they would kindly omit the pre-installed ones.

Just a hypothesis, but I think a solid one.

On a side note, thanks to whoever mentioned the E-jig. Always just assumed Whitestone screen protectors would be a real pain to install with having liquid UV cure adhesive... But that made me look into the process and now I'm considering one.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can guess why... US carriers sell screen protectors, so asked Samsung if they would kindly omit the pre-installed ones.

Just a hypothesis, but I think a solid one.

On a side note, thanks to whoever mentioned the E-jig. Always just assumed Whitestone screen protectors would be a real pain to install with having liquid UV cure adhesive... But that made me look into the process and now I'm considering one.
Once you get the hang of it best I've seen on the market and feels like you don't have one .

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a phone and a Galaxy Watch at two separate times this week and both times the sales agent asked me if I wanted a screen protector...that should answer the question ;)

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 (Pre-order), Galaxy Book (original), Tab S4, Gear S2