01-28-2021 08:49 AM
51 123
tools
    Instead of digging in the screen protector thread, I figured I'd make a thread

Does it come with a pre-installed screen protector?

I am asking for the Tmobile version in the US?

If it helps others, state what region US/Canada/UK/Korea etc, Model version - Samsung unlocked.

For past reference:

- US Tmobile Note 10+ did come with a pre applied screen protector

- US Unlocked Samsung Note 20 Ultra did NOT come with a pre-applied screen protector
    01-22-2021 06:28 PM
    Instead of digging in the screen protector thread, I figured I'd make a thread

Does it come with a pre-installed screen protector?

I am asking for the Tmobile version in the US?

If it helps others, state what region US/Canada/UK/Korea etc, Model version - Samsung unlocked.

For past reference:

- US Tmobile Note 10+ did come with a pre applied screen protector

- US Unlocked Samsung Note 20 Ultra did NOT come with a pre-applied screen protector
    I thought I read they all came with protectors now My S10 Plus unlocked did. And I ask somebody that was reviewing a YouTube video on the Ultra and he said yes.
    01-22-2021 06:51 PM
    It is my understanding that the U.S. models will not come witj pre-installed screen protectors.
    01-22-2021 07:32 PM
    It is my understanding that the U.S. models will not come witj pre-installed screen protectors.
    Oh really they're not coming with them this year? Great! Guess I'll be at the Zagg Kiosk next weekend when I'm off.
    01-22-2021 10:01 PM
    This is interesting. Glad I got a dome
    01-22-2021 10:11 PM
    This is interesting. Glad I got a dome
    Same. Been watching YouTube videos the past couple of days on how to install the Dome glass with the new E-Jig installation.
    01-22-2021 11:38 PM
    I peel them off anyway - the naked screen looks and feels the best. My first smartphone was a S2 and I have yet to this day to have ever damaged a screen. Guess I don't run a jack hammer enough on my screen or run it over enough with a steam roller or even carry it around in a pouch full of steel bolts to need a screen protector lol. Ironically the guys at work with those 18" thick tungsten carbide cases are the ones who always seem to damage their phones...lol.
    thecaringkind likes this.
    01-23-2021 12:16 AM
    I peel them off anyway - the naked screen looks and feels the best. My first smartphone was a S2 and I have yet to this day to have ever damaged a screen. Guess I don't run a jack hammer enough on my screen or run it over enough with a steam roller or even carry it around in a pouch full of steel bolts to need a screen protector lol. Ironically the guys at work with those 18" thick tungsten carbide cases are the ones who always seem to damage their phones...lol.
    My husband doesn't care for a screen protector on his phone neither. But I'll get a Zagg. I should have looked at the demo ones at Best Buy and seen if they had one on there I didn't pay attention.
    01-23-2021 02:34 AM
    Hopefully it's just the US models that don't have them (although it'd be better if everyone got them).

Looking on Amazon, tempered glass protectors are basically impossible to get for the S21 ultra.
    01-23-2021 04:50 AM
    I work on cars in a rural area and my screens always end up with micro scratches from all the dirt. I'm on my 2nd note 20 and this one is all scratched up already. Thankfully I know the guys at my T-mobile store and they did a warranty exchange for my last one. Looks like my kid is gonna be getting a slightly scratched note 20 ultra 512gb.
    01-23-2021 06:29 AM
    I peel them off anyway - the naked screen looks and feels the best. My first smartphone was a S2 and I have yet to this day to have ever damaged a screen.
    I too have never installed a screen protector, but I did leave the pre-installed one in place on my Note10+. I'll probably do the same if the S21 Ultra comes with one, but I'll simply remove it if it starts to look bad.
    01-23-2021 07:55 AM
    I work on cars in a rural area and my screens always end up with micro scratches from all the dirt. I'm on my 2nd note 20 and this one is all scratched up already. Thankfully I know the guys at my T-mobile store and they did a warranty exchange for my last one. Looks like my kid is gonna be getting a slightly scratched note 20 ultra 512gb.
    I work outdoor construction and I also keep my phone on me when I'm dirt bike riding and ATV'ing and have never once put any scratches in my screen.
    01-23-2021 09:23 PM
    I work outdoor construction and I also keep my phone on me when I'm dirt bike riding and ATV'ing and have never once put any scratches in my screen.
    You're lucky my screen get messed up pretty quickly.
    01-23-2021 09:24 PM
    I can't find anything that says whether they come with one or not...
    01-23-2021 11:22 PM
    I can't find anything that says whether they come with one or not...
    I've read a good portion of the international versions are coming with one but that the U.S. ones are not.
    01-24-2021 12:03 AM
    I've read a good portion of the international versions are coming with one but that the U.S. ones are not.
    I can guess why... US carriers sell screen protectors, so asked Samsung if they would kindly omit the pre-installed ones.

Just a hypothesis, but I think a solid one.

On a side note, thanks to whoever mentioned the E-jig. Always just assumed Whitestone screen protectors would be a real pain to install with having liquid UV cure adhesive... But that made me look into the process and now I'm considering one.
    pags11 likes this.
    01-24-2021 05:41 AM
    I can guess why... US carriers sell screen protectors, so asked Samsung if they would kindly omit the pre-installed ones.

Just a hypothesis, but I think a solid one.

On a side note, thanks to whoever mentioned the E-jig. Always just assumed Whitestone screen protectors would be a real pain to install with having liquid UV cure adhesive... But that made me look into the process and now I'm considering one.
    Once you get the hang of it best I've seen on the market and feels like you don't have one .
    pags11 and fuzzylumpkin like this.
    01-24-2021 10:41 AM
    I just watched a video on an IG ad for cases that showed the S21 Ultra having one.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    01-24-2021 12:46 PM
    I ordered a phone and a Galaxy Watch at two separate times this week and both times the sales agent asked me if I wanted a screen protector...that should answer the question

Bill
    ---
    Galaxy S21 (Pre-order), Galaxy Book (original), Tab S4, Gear S2
    01-24-2021 01:44 PM
    I just came from Bestbuy where they have all 3 S21 models on display. None have a screen protector.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    01-24-2021 03:27 PM
    I left the factory screen protector on my S10 for over a year until the corner caught on something and it started peeling up. Too bad about the S21, hopefully the edges really aren't curved in the slightest, as I'm hoping a regular glass screen protector would work without the halo effect.
    01-24-2021 04:04 PM
    I belive the only ones came with one is the 10 series. My Note 20U didn't have one or if they do it be a region thing .
    01-24-2021 05:01 PM
    I use CellHelmet liquid glass. Bought it for my S20 and I ordered it already for the S21. Between that and my otterbox+pop symmetry, my S20 is in prestine condition. It's lived thru a 2 year old and it's in perfect condition!
    01-24-2021 06:21 PM
    I just watched a video on an IG ad for cases that showed the S21 Ultra having one.
    Well the case I ordered some of them come with screen protectors and it says mine don't because one Is supposed to already be on there. I guess I should have paid attention when I was in Best Buy the other day I didn't notice.
    01-24-2021 06:48 PM
    Can get the amFilm tempered glass for $20. Installs just like the whitestone glass.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14785240-2-...=8#commentsBox
    01-25-2021 10:13 AM
51 123