how to ring phone with Smart Tag?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The free Smart Tag seems to work well with the S21, except for one documented feature: the tag is supposed to ring the phone when you press the tag button twice, but it doesn't do that for me. Instead, the tag gives two brief beeps (the 2nd higher pitched than the 1st). The phone has Offline Finding enabled, and it does show up on the SmartThings Find map. The phone can ring the tag properly, but not vice versa. Is there some other setting that's needed for the tag to ring the phone?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The free Smart Tag seems to work well with the S21, except for one documented feature: the tag is supposed to ring the phone when you press the tag button twice, but it doesn't do that for me. Instead, the tag gives two brief beeps (the 2nd higher pitched than the 1st). The phone has Offline Finding enabled, and it does show up on the SmartThings Find map. The phone can ring the tag properly, but not vice versa. Is there some other setting that's needed for the tag to ring the phone?
Try pressing it twice very quickly. Mine works exactly as you have described on one press and if I leave a gap between the 2 presses, it does the same thing.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Try pressing it twice very quickly. Mine works exactly as you have described on one press and if I leave a gap between the 2 presses, it does the same thing.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm pressing it very quickly, both presses completed in maybe a third of a second. If I leave a longer gap between the two presses, the response is different: the tag gives a quick double beep with the same pitch both times (in contrast with the different pitch for the rapid double-press), and then gives a 2nd double beep for the 2nd press.

So it seems that there must still be some other setting I need in order for it to work.