How do you carry your Spen?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But aren't Notes released after the s series. With a few minor upgrades or enhancements. So a S22 Ultra having a built in slot just makes it more convenient, but doesn't necessarily make it a Note.
No S series had a slot for S pen , no Samsung device for that matter except the Note series and now it will be in the S series and called a S22 only thats a disgrace to Note line , if they call it a s22u Note that a different story .

If they took away the spen slot on the Note and kept it like the S series and called it a Note what you say to that ?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No S series had a slot for S pen , no Samsung device for that matter except the Note series and now it will be in the S series and called a S22 only thats a disgrace to Note line , if they call it a s22u Note that a different story .

If they took away the spen slot on the Note and kept it like the S series and called it a Note what you say to that ?

The s21 Ultra has S pen functionality. But not the same functionality as a note series. All Samsung has done is listened to one of rthe complaints, that of not having any place to store the it. That may be addressed with the 22 Ultra. But that won't make the 22 Ultra a Note. Just as the S21 Ultra isn't a Note despite having the S pen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The s21 Ultra has S pen functionality. But not the same functionality as a note series. All Samsung has done is listened to one of rthe complaints, that of not having any place to store the it. That may be addressed with the 22 Ultra. But that won't make the 22 Ultra a Note. Just as the S21 Ultra isn't a Note despite having the S pen.
Thats why Samsung should listen and not get rid of Note line , people that buy the S series don't care for S pen and why they purchase a S series over the Note and why Note users preferred the Note line over S series . I'm one of them that stop buying S series after the s10+ because I prefer the Note series . You seem fine with this hybrid that they might make , to me I don't . That why it's not right to not add the Note name to it , if they put a slot in the s series and make it more square then u pretty much have a Note device without its name lol. I'm curious when the time gets closer how Samsung going do this , right now lot of rumors some say Note line is dead some say no its not .

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thats why Samsung should listen and not get rid of Note line , people that buy the S series don't care for S pen and why they purchase a S series over the Note and why Note users preferred the Note line over S series . I'm one of them that stop buying S series after the s10+ because I prefer the Note series . You seem fine with this hybrid that they might make , to me I don't . That why it's not right to not add the Note name to it , if they put a slot in the s series and make it more square then u pretty much have a Note device without its name lol. I'm curious when the time gets closer how Samsung going do this , right now lot of rumors some say Note line is dead some say no its not .
I agree with you. I don't have a need for S Pen on phone, just on tablet, so I never considered Note. However, I think real Note should be manufactured again since so many people have a need for it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree with you. I don't have a need for S Pen on phone, just on tablet, so I never considered Note. However, I think real Note should be manufactured again since so many people have a need for it.
Thank you !
I think Samsung should keep both lines , that's what made them who they are today.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Let's be honest there's not a huge difference between the note 20 Ultra and the S21 Ultra except for the S21 Ultra having 100x's zoom and a bigger battery. With foldables taking more of a forefront I can totally see the S Ultra model totally being a renamed "note" which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They know just need more color options in the bigger memory sizes. Something that has severely been lacking.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If it has a S pen slot , it is a Note don't care what they name it .

They can name it the S22 [Mod redacted language], I don't care! As long as it's built into the phone this time.

I currently use the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro with the Spen slot.

Here is the thing. The Spen for the S21 Ultra feels amazing in the hand because the width is like an actual pen. It's MUCH easier to write with. I would love of they keep the Spen the same size as the S21 Ultra and find a way to fit it into the phone. THAT would be money!

Now imagine if it's a FLAT screen like the Note 5 and we get the thicker built in Spen! Schwing!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They can name it the S22 [Mod redacted language], I don't care! As long as it's built into the phone this time.

I currently use the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro with the Spen slot.

Here is the thing. The Spen for the S21 Ultra feels amazing in the hand because the width is like an actual pen. It's MUCH easier to write with. I would love of they keep the Spen the same size as the S21 Ultra and find a way to fit it into the phone. THAT would be money!

Now imagine if it's a FLAT screen like the Note 5 and we get the thicker built in Spen! Schwing!!
Interesting
I still stand by my comments.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Let's be honest there's not a huge difference between the note 20 Ultra and the S21 Ultra except for the S21 Ultra having 100x's zoom and a bigger battery. With foldables taking more of a forefront I can totally see the S Ultra model totally being a renamed "note" which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They know just need more color options in the bigger memory sizes. Something that has severely been lacking.
Yup I have no problem with them calling it a s22ultra note