[26/APR/21] AUDA BIG update for Global, Exynos, S21 series, camera, bugfixes & May security patch

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
[26/APR/21] AUDA BIG update for Global, Exynos, S21 series, camera, bugfixes & May security patch

This latest update is the 9th for the Global, Exynos, S21 series and is currently being rolled out by Samsung.

This big 1.1GB update is for camera, general bugfixes and May security patch.

Initially, as always, this is rolling out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B
This latest release replaces the G99*BXXU2AUC8 March build.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you.

Changelog

• Performance of camera has been improved
  • Enhanced QuickShare
  • The security of your device has been improved
  • After updating, you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy
The update = G99*BXXU3AUDA

Download = 1149.41 MB

Build date = 23 April 2021

Release date = 26 April 2021

Camera version = 11.0.02.96

One UI version = 3.1

Android Security patch = May 2021

This is the 9th stable update in 88 days. Average = 1 update every 10 days.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [26/APR/21] AUDA update for Global, Exynos, S21 series, bugfixes & May security patch

Samsung S21 series, Exynos, update AUDA

qKx9u06l.jpg

Last edited:

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: [26/APR/21] AUDA update for Global, Exynos, S21 series, camera, bugfixes & May security patch

Thanks. Not showing up for me yet but I'll keep checking.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Re: [26/APR/21] AUDA BIG update for Global, Exynos, S21 series, camera, bugfixes & May security patc

Keep us posted as to when U.S. users receive it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: [26/APR/21] AUDA BIG update for Global, Exynos, S21 series, camera, bugfixes & May security patc

Keep us posted as to when U.S. users receive it.
I will try my best pags11

If this AUDA update follows the last AUC8 release, then we should see this update being released for the U.S.A. Snapdragon, country variants, about 7 days after the Exynos release. So, next Monday, the 3rd May, is looking good if that is the case.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Samsung update AUDA

MBwdDSeh.png

fesantos

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site

Curious to find out what performance differences people see in the camera! Keep us posted :)
I probably won't get this update for another week or two, but eventually I'll post my perceptions as well.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Lol every month there is big deal about camera update like every Samsung phone. As usual it'll be just general bug fixes and you aren't going to drastically see some major change in camera. The camera is anyways good and every month it's the same story camera updates. That blanket statement is nothing new and I'm sure they will continuously keep fixes bugs/improving things across the system like always. Personally I'll never fall for the camera update that supposedly happens every month

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I will try my best pags11

If this AUDA update follows the last AUC8 release, then we should see this update being released for the U.S.A. Snapdragon, country variants, about 7 days after the Exynos release. So, next Monday, the 3rd May, is looking good if that is the case.
I doubt it, it'll vastly vary based on carrier. Sure some US model will probably receive but by the time all different variants of US models including US unlocked will receive it'll probably be more like mid May. Usually downsides of having million firmware variants for the same model.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site

Based on previous monthly updates, the unlocked models should get it between May 5th to the 15th.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Curious to find out what performance differences people see in the camera! Keep us posted :)
I probably won't get this update for another week or two, but eventually I'll post my perceptions as well.
I am the worst person to ask about the camera as I am your original, "Happy Snapper". Everything set to auto. It feels faster on this update though.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Lol every month there is big deal about camera update like every Samsung phone. As usual it'll be just general bug fixes and you aren't going to drastically see some major change in camera. The camera is anyways good and every month it's the same story camera updates. That blanket statement is nothing new and I'm sure they will continuously keep fixes bugs/improving things across the system like always. Personally I'll never fall for the camera update that supposedly happens every month
I have to say that the camera on this update for the Exynos model has come on in leaps and bounds since release. It has now received no fewer than 6 camera updates and it has made a big difference. Unlike the Snapdragon models which came with a decent camera out of the box, the Exynos global model has needed tweaks to its own ISP, (Image Signal Processor), among other things, to bring it up to the same spec.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

I too will be interested to see what if any camera improvements on the Snapdragon. The pictures aren't bad, but no comparison to my Pixel 4XL. Samsung should be able to do better.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Still no update in Middle East (Lebanon)

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Nothing here in UK yet.

DLewis13

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Official release date is 1st Monday of month, start checking on May 3.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Official release date is 1st Monday of month, start checking on May 3.
Now rolled out to stock, non-carrier branded, S21 phones in 9 countries worldwide.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

1st of May and still nothing here in Lebanon whivh is weird because the UAE version is out

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

1st of May and still nothing here in Lebanon whivh is weird because the UAE version is out

What is your device's CSC, (Country/Consumer Specific Code)?

To locate your code, go to...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version (see screenshot)

v5ZRnSBl.png