has anyone successfully used android file transfer with macOS ventura??

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i have tried multiple cables, multiple restarts, uninstalling/reinstalling android file transfer, open MTP and nothing works. i always get the same dialogue box stating "could not connect to device, try reconnecting or restarting your device."

add'l info: my phone is unlocked when i plug it in. i choose allow when it asks for access. and under usb settings, i've chosen usb controlled by this device and use usb for 'transferring files..'.

if anyone has solved this problem, please share. thank you!!

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
yes! i've used send anywhere many times. it's great but not as fast as android file transfer for multiple large files. i'm trying macdroid now and it seems pretty good so far...but i still wish AFT worked.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yes! i've used send anywhere many times. it's great but not as fast as android file transfer for multiple large files. i'm trying macdroid now and it seems pretty good so far...but i still wish AFT worked.

I'm curious if there was some kind of recent update in Apple's OS that is blocking (either intentional or unintentional) this from happening?

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i think that's the problem. over on reddit there seem to be a number of complaints about AFT not working with the new OS. i went there first looking for a solution.

bobreyes

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I tried using different apps, but still to no avail. Until I stumble upon OpenMTP and it says that my connection to the Android device is not working because an app is open and it is trying to connect to my device via USB, as well. Figured out that this app was Dropbox. I quit Dropbox, connected my Android phone and Android File Transfer opened like a charm.

i have tried multiple cables, multiple restarts, uninstalling/reinstalling android file transfer, open MTP and nothing works. i always get the same dialogue box stating "could not connect to device, try reconnecting or restarting your device."

add'l info: my phone is unlocked when i plug it in. i choose allow when it asks for access. and under usb settings, i've chosen usb controlled by this device and use usb for 'transferring files..'.

if anyone has solved this problem, please share. thank you!!

Reactions: stephanejap

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I tried using different apps, but still to no avail. Until I stumble upon OpenMTP and it says that my connection to the Android device is not working because an app is open and it is trying to connect to my device via USB, as well. Figured out that this app was Dropbox. I quit Dropbox, connected my Android phone and Android File Transfer opened like a charm.

ugh. sorry i am just seeing this...all you did was quit dropbox desktop and ATP worked? i can't wait to try this. thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

stephanejap

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Had the same issue and after reading your comment I decided to quit Google Drive on my Mac (I don't have DropBox) and my Android File Transfer works now!!!! We need to spread the word!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez