i have tried multiple cables, multiple restarts, uninstalling/reinstalling android file transfer, open MTP and nothing works. i always get the same dialogue box stating "could not connect to device, try reconnecting or restarting your device."

add'l info: my phone is unlocked when i plug it in. i choose allow when it asks for access. and under usb settings, i've chosen usb controlled by this device and use usb for 'transferring files..'.

if anyone has solved this problem, please share. thank you!!
    11-24-2022 12:14 PM
    Have you tried other means, like over Bluetooth?
    11-24-2022 01:17 PM
    yes! i've used send anywhere many times. it's great but not as fast as android file transfer for multiple large files. i'm trying macdroid now and it seems pretty good so far...but i still wish AFT worked.
    11-24-2022 05:16 PM
    yes! i've used send anywhere many times. it's great but not as fast as android file transfer for multiple large files. i'm trying macdroid now and it seems pretty good so far...but i still wish AFT worked.
    I'm curious if there was some kind of recent update in Apple's OS that is blocking (either intentional or unintentional) this from happening?
    11-24-2022 05:17 PM
    i think that's the problem. over on reddit there seem to be a number of complaints about AFT not working with the new OS. i went there first looking for a solution.
    11-25-2022 04:33 PM
    I had the same problem. I tried using different apps, but still to no avail. Until I stumble upon OpenMTP and it says that my connection to the Android device is not working because an app is open and it is trying to connect to my device via USB, as well. Figured out that this app was Dropbox. I quit Dropbox, connected my Android phone and Android File Transfer opened like a charm.

i have tried multiple cables, multiple restarts, uninstalling/reinstalling android file transfer, open MTP and nothing works. i always get the same dialogue box stating "could not connect to device, try reconnecting or restarting your device."

add'l info: my phone is unlocked when i plug it in. i choose allow when it asks for access. and under usb settings, i've chosen usb controlled by this device and use usb for 'transferring files..'.

if anyone has solved this problem, please share. thank you!!
    walterkurtz likes this.
    12-27-2022 12:04 AM
    I had the same problem. I tried using different apps, but still to no avail. Until I stumble upon OpenMTP and it says that my connection to the Android device is not working because an app is open and it is trying to connect to my device via USB, as well. Figured out that this app was Dropbox. I quit Dropbox, connected my Android phone and Android File Transfer opened like a charm.
    ugh. sorry i am just seeing this...all you did was quit dropbox desktop and ATP worked? i can't wait to try this. thank you!!
    02-02-2023 06:22 PM