So, I'm noticing that lately, apps I download from the Play store are not populating in my app drawer as they should. I've checked hidden apps, the and Game Launcher, and the Secure folder and have disabled the latter 2 in attempts to troubleshoot. The weird thing is I can type the name of the apps into the app drawer search and it finds them. I'm using the American Red Cross Blood Donor app as en example in my attachments, but it's not the only app affected.
    Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Only other variable is I'm using Good Lock to force vertical scrolling in the app drawer and home screen looping.
    Attached Thumbnails Missing apps in the app drawer-25238.jpg  
    05-20-2022 08:37 AM
    can you search for the app?
    are you using good lock - home up by any chance?
    05-20-2022 09:43 AM
    I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. From what I remember, what I did was switch from vertical scrolling to horizontal scrolling in Good Lock. The app would then appear. Then I would switch back to vertical scrolling.
    05-20-2022 10:17 AM
    Mby...try going to Home Screen settings , enable "Add new apps to home screen" (then the app should be displayed) ....Missing apps in the app drawer-20-may-2022-172949-cest.jpg
    05-20-2022 10:37 AM
    Same thing is happening to me... also using Good Lock to force vertical scrolling. Missing apps - not shown in the vertical scrolling, only with horizontal scrolling. Maybe need to delete GoodLock?
    05-20-2022 10:58 AM
    Same thing is happening to me... also using Good Lock to force vertical scrolling. Missing apps - not shown in the vertical scrolling, only with horizontal scrolling. Maybe need to delete GoodLock?
    Do the apps appear after you switch back to vertical scrolling? Once you go to horizontal scrolling and have all the app icons then switch back to vertical scrolling they should be there. That's what worked for me.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    05-20-2022 12:22 PM
    Mby...try going to Home Screen settings , enable "Add new apps to home screen" (then the app should be displayed) ....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20 May 2022 172949 CEST.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	344949
    This will enable the app to appear on the home screens but doesn't add them to the app drawer.
    Laura Knotek and 41Pixels like this.
    05-20-2022 12:31 PM
    This will enable the app to appear on the home screens but doesn't add them to the app drawer.
    I know, that's why i wrote, at least it's visible and can be used until the issue is found....or,let's also try switching from "Home screen only" to "Home and apps screens" or vice versa in the "Home screen layout" settings .... maybe the issue whit this is corrected...Missing apps in the app drawer-screenshot_20220520-233559_one-ui-home.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-2022 04:47 PM
    can you search for the app?
    are you using good lock - home up by any chance?
    Yes and yes
    05-20-2022 10:38 PM
    I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. From what I remember, what I did was switch from vertical scrolling to horizontal scrolling in Good Lock. The app would then appear. Then I would switch back to vertical scrolling.
    That did it, thanks!
    Good Lock - - Home Up - - Home Screen - - toggle Apps List off, check to see if the previously missing apps are gone. If so, toggle it back on and the apps should still be there.
    Laura Knotek and tismydroid like this.
    05-20-2022 10:41 PM
    That did it, thanks!
    Good Lock - - Home Up - - Home Screen - - toggle Apps Lis off, check to see if the previously missing apps are gone. If so, toggle it back on and the apps should still be there.
    Screenshot for convenience
    Attached Thumbnails Missing apps in the app drawer-25255.jpg  
    Laura Knotek and tismydroid like this.
    05-20-2022 10:50 PM
    That did it, thanks!
    Good Lock - - Home Up - - Home Screen - - toggle Apps List off, check to see if the previously missing apps are gone. If so, toggle it back on and the apps should still be there.
    Yay! So glad that worked for you!
    05-21-2022 12:31 AM