Spotify Player showing up in Quick Panel and no idea how to get rid of it. Help??

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No, only time I use app I am using my Sony WF-1000XM3 buds or my Jabra Elite Active 75t buds. Not sure if this happened after pairing the Sony's recently.

Do you cast to any devices or play Spotify through anything like your car? I was thinking maybe there is a nearby device that it's picking up on or something. I noticed it says this phone in the notification instead of something like phone speaker. Just a thought I don't know

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No, only time I use app I am using my Sony WF-1000XM3 buds or my Jabra Elite Active 75t buds. Not sure if this happened after pairing the Sony's recently.

I just unpaired both my earbuds just to try and rebooted... player still came back in dropdown. :-\

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just unpaired both my earbuds just to try and rebooted... player still came back in dropdown. :-\
I think I found the lost setting :) It's hidden but it can be accessed with an app with access to the Activities, like Nova launcher. The option is called 'Pin media player'. Do you want to try?

Screenshot_20220722-173522_Settings.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think I found the lost setting :) It's hidden but it can be accessed with an app with access to the Activities, like Nova launcher. The option is called 'Pin media player'. Do you want to try?

View attachment 346823

So you're saying that if I installed Nova Launcher that I will see that Pin media player is set to on and then I should be able to toggle It Off and then switch back to OneUI and it would stay off?

To answer your question, not really LOL. I think I do have a paid license though back when I had an LG G2 and I guess if I just use it just to go into launcher and make the settings and then go back to one UI and not really use Nova. But like you said it's become personal. I'll have to think about it when I get home.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Possibly through your alarm clock settings and Bixby settings. Samsung and Spotify have a partnership and they integrated Spotify more into their phones. The keyboard for easy sharing with people, alarm app to wake up to songs, and whatever Bixby does lol.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
So you're saying that if I installed Nova Launcher that I will see that Pin media player is set to on and then I should be able to toggle It Off and then switch back to OneUI and it would stay off?

To answer your question, not really LOL. I think I do have a paid license though back when I had an LG G2 and I guess if I just use it just to go into launcher and make the settings and then go back to one UI and not really use Nova. But like you said it's become personal. I'll have to think about it when I get home.
Yes and No :) You could install Nova (even the free version), set it as default for a moment, create a widget for that Activity, switch it off and then go back to OneUI and uninstall Nova if you want. There are other apps with access to the Activities but I haven't used any of them.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes and No :) You could install Nova (even the free version), set it as default for a moment, create a widget for that Activity, switch it off and then go back to OneUI and uninstall Nova if you want. There are other apps with access to the Activities but I haven't used any of them.

I see. I wasn't paying close enough attention on your follow-up message saying that you need an app that would give access to the activity. I will think about that one.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
How do you create a widget for that activity using launcher?
Long press home screen, Widgets, Nova, drag Nova Activities to the screen, scroll down and expand Settings, select that string I posted. Tap the new widget and change the Pin option. Done.

After this you select OneUI as default Home app and you can forget about Nova if you want. Remember, you don't need to import or make any changes in Nova home screen after setting up as default.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok... so I downloaded Launcher, set it to my default Home App to Launcher and created the widget as you instructed.

Now before opening the widget, I decided to close all background apps and make sure no player in dropdown and rebooted the phone to see if it would appear in Nova... the player appears at restart even in Nova. :-\

Opened the Widget and... Pin media player was toggled on! :eek: So you don't have to harm yourself thank goodness.

Toggled both off and restarted phone with no apps running in background...

Long press home screen, Widgets, Nova, drag Nova Activities to the screen, scroll down and expand Settings, select that string I posted. Tap the new widget and change the Pin option. Done.

After this you select OneUI as default Home app and you can forget about Nova if you want. Remember, you don't need to import or make any changes in Nova home screen after setting up as default.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220722-173542_Nova7.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-173542_Nova7.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20220722-174543_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-174543_Settings.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 23

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No player after restart! :eek:
What a ridiculous workaround/fix for a bug!!
But you were right Javier P ;)
Now the question what happens when I switch back to OneUI...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220722-174604_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-174604_Settings.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20220722-174904_Nova7.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-174904_Nova7.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 22

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ding, ding, ding! :) Glad it worked.

Don't worry switching back to OneUI, Nova was used only to access that hidden menu, it will stay as it is.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I switched back to OneUI and stayed gone. Played a little by opening Spotify and seeing player on lock screen and dropdown, Paused and swiped away the player, closed all background apps and rebooted... no player in the dropdown. ;)

Seriously I had this issue with my N20U over a year ago and did some searching with no luck and ended up wiping my phone and lucky didn't come back and then did some more searching now when it happened again and this must be the first real solution that I've seen for this issue.

Thanks for sticking with me and the suggestions... everyone too, thanks. :)

So, the widget only shows in Nova eh?? So if this happens again... some app probably causing that Pin media player to turn on... that would mean I have to leave Launcher installed while I use OneUI so that I can switch over and use the widget to fix this? I guess if I uninstall the app, I lose the widget. :confused:

EDIT... oh I don't have to switch to Nova... I can just run the Nova app from OneUI and it will launch their home screen with the widget there and then after running it I can close the app and back in OneUI.

Ding, ding, ding! :) Glad it worked.

Don't worry switching back to OneUI, Nova was used only to access that hidden menu, it will stay as it is.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I switched back to OneUI and stayed gone. Played a little by opening Spotify and seeing player on lock screen and dropdown, Paused and swiped away the player, closed all background apps and rebooted... no player in the dropdown. ;)

Seriously I had this issue with my N20U over a year ago and did some searching with no luck and ended up wiping my phone and lucky didn't come back and then did some more searching now when it happened again and this must be the first real solution that I've seen for this issue. Thanks for sticking with me and the suggestions. :)

So, the widget only shows in Nova eh?? So if this happens again... some app probably causing that Pin media player to turn on... that would mean I have to leave Launcher installed while I use OneUI so that I can switch over and use the widget to fix this? I guess if I uninstall the app, I lose the widget. :confused:
I think this is what happened. Android 11 added a "feature" to pin the playback notification to make life easier for users, so they say. Depending on the brand there were different methods to unpin/hide that persistent notification. The main methods were swiping the notification in the quick settings panel (not in Notifications) or in Settings - sounds - media. I used the first method in my OP 7.

Then came Samsung (or Xiaomi) with Android 12. When you expand the Quick Settings panel you get a full screen without notifications, so method 1 doesn't work. And they removed the option in the Media menu because Samsung. People like me got that setting restored from previous devices and don't have the problem.

Don't worry about leaving Nova installed, you shouldn't have this problem again, unless Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet