Transferring data to new phone

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I plan to transfer from my note 20 to the s22 Ultra I have coming tomorrow. I think I know how to use smart switch to do it but, I'll have to remove Sim card from note and install in the s22. Do I need to then, power on the new s22 first and go through usual setup? and then turn on the note 20 and the smart switch on both phones and begin my file transfer? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to skip the "Insert SIM" screen on the new phone and swap the SIM cards later, after the data transfer is complete. That's what I've always done for my Pixel phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah Smart switch will work without sim .
I usually have my old device back up through smart switch on pc then go through quick setup and then new device hook up to computer and restore from back up

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah
I usually have my old device back up through smart switch on pc then go through quick setup and then new device hook up to computer and restore from back up

Same, I use Smart Switch on the PC.
I have never had an issue with it.

It's also nice to have the backups of old devices on your PC in case you need to back & recover something!

:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same, I use Smart Switch on the PC.
I have never had an issue with it.

It's also nice to have the backups of old devices on your PC in case you need to back & recover something!

:)
Exactly can restore at anytime after you setup is the main thing and photos

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah Smart switch will work without sim .

I have a backup in smart switch now, on my pc I guess I should go ahead and make a new one and then I should be able to just restore it to the new phone?

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I will first put my sim card in the new phone, turn it on, do the typical set up, and then hook to pc and restore sound about right?

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I plan to make sure find my phone is turned off on ole phone, and then do a factory reset from settings before, I ship it?