Phone Fell: Purple ooze slowly growing across screen

Manoj Sonawane

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
if there is no trauma then what's the reason behind this problem and does that covers warranty when there is no trauma please tell because that also happens to me while my phone didn't fall or din't pressed on display. My phone has amoled display.

dalkfer

Nov 14, 2018
Visit site
I have galaxy s6 mine has done same with purple can barely see through it now but if defo not dropped mine plus it's in a protective case as well x looking at £130 to get new screen

I have the S6 too, the thing is that I didn't just drop it, it also got ran over by my grandpa's car, the phone itself didn't crack, just the template glass because I had a really strong case, I was very surprised nothing had happened to it. But when I got home I noticed a tiny purple smudge on the top left corner of the phone. In about one and a half hour my phone almost got completely purple/jet black with smudges all around the screen. I read that it's just a screen problem but to get it fixed it would be more than $100 and my phone definitely does not have warranty because I didn't buy it from an official samsung store. My question is, should I buy a new phone, should I try to fix the screen or should I try to get someone else to fix it?

Anarchy Effect

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
Re: Same

Mine dropeed...then two spots appeared at the top most right corner...then the became five micro dots then...a patch grew...and now a light purple patch goes all the way 3/4 of my screen...I have the J7 pro 2018 model....damn...I want to know if using it in such a situation has an effect on battery..?,

Andrea Cojocaru

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
I have galaxy s6 mine has done same with purple can barely see through it now but if defo not dropped mine plus it's in a protective case as well x looking at £130 to get new screen

I dropped my s6 in the toilet and after it,it was fine but the next day some purple patch started to show in my right hand corner and it's slowly growing . Should I buy new screen or just buy a new phone ?

pringkring

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
Re: Same

That same ooze happened to my S6.I dropped it this morning with a screen protector case. Later purple spots start to appear bottom right on my screen. At first I thought it was a burn then I searched through the internet to find out it was a ooze. Could somebody help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! As previously discussed in this thread, it means the screen has been damaged, and pretty soon the purple stain will spread over the entire screen. You need to get the screen replaced. I'd also make sure all of your important data is backed up ASAP, before the screen fails completely.

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
if there is no trauma then what's the reason behind this problem and does that covers warranty when there is no trauma please tell because that also happens to me while my phone didn't fall or din't pressed on display. My phone has amoled display.

Ive been doing research but im young (12 years old) but im a child prodigy. The problem with your cell phone is a broken/ damaged LCD a hardware break and im having the issue myself. the purplish-black is spreading and it spreads fast. Your best bet is to either get a new phone or take it to a professional.

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Other then a damaged LCD (if you dropped it) it is most likely is a lagging or malfunctioning LCD or your screen is just plain old purple (most likely not the problem). If you have an Amoled display then it might just be glitching or it may have rubbed of some goo or something on the LCD or OLED which is also something to consider. I hope this was helpful.