Galaxy s3 Battery Meter not showing apps?

megs3019

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 used to show, on the battery, under settings, the apps that were draining it (Facebook, Outlook, Twitter) and the percentage each was using. Now, it only shows screen (which is always at 90% or so) and other basic functions, like Cell Standby and Device Idle, which are around 4%. This happened after an update. It'd be nice to know what apps are draining my battery, which tends to drain quickly. Any ideas?

barney_rebel

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me after I did my factory reset about as month ago. I had another issue (posted in the other thread) with my phone rebooting or shutting off on its own.

The phone never had that problem when the battery meter acted this way. After a while, this particular problem went away, and I saw the battery usage return to normal, and my original problem came back.

If you are rooted, I would try the battery calibration tool. I do think though, letting your battery drain and letting it charge fully a few times will fix your problem. It did for me.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I thought they changed the Battery page in 4.3 to remove that reporting (which would have sucked) but after a Factory Reset and some use everything was back to normal.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk