S3 stuck in boot loop due to faulty power switch

ryanrenaud92

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Ok here's my problem, my telus S3 is stuck in a power boot loop due to a faulty power switch so this is my question. I watched a video online of how to remove the power switch from your logic board completely which is good because this allows you to turn on the phone using the method of plugging it in than holding volume down and home buttons. So once I do this bam now my phone is on and theres an app i can get called button savior similar to the iphone's assistive touch feature (which i am all too familiar with...), so now heres my big question. Great now I can use my phone with no power button but screw that, I used an iphone 4 with no home button forever and had enough of that. My buddy has an old roger's s3 with a smashed screen he doesn't use, he told me i could have it, cool. Now would i be able to just transplant the logic board from that phone into my telus s3? Or would this cause problems like the phone becoming locked to rogers now or anything like that? I realize I would probably get all his data like contacts and stuff but i could just reset the phone and put my stuff back on it, I'm more concerned with whether this is even possible and if it would now make it a rogers unlocked only phone. Thanks in advance for any input, appreciate any help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do the Telus and Rogers phones use a SIM card for carrier configuration (typical GSM behavior)? If so, you could probably swap the boards. You'd probably have to contact your carrier with the new ESN.

If you're handy with electronics you could desolder the Power switch from his board and install it on yours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer