Can I access messages through Kies on my damaged phone?

A

AC Question

Retrieve texts from damaged phone

I managed to smash my S3 mini yesterday (internally smashed, not the screen) and screen is just a jumble of colours and lines now. I took my SIM out and put in an old phone, but none of my texts have come with it. I backed up my phone via Kies last week, so can I access messages through this? All I can see when I open Kies (wihtouth connecting my other phone) are my photos and videos. Does that mean it hasn't saved anything else?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Have just switched phones and texts haven't come with the SIM. Can I access via Kies?

I managed to smash my S3 mini yesterday (internally smashed, not the screen) and screen is just a jumble of colours and lines now. I took my SIM out and put in an old phone, but none of my texts have come with it. I backed up my phone via Kies last week, so can I access messages through this? All I can see when I open Kies (wihtouth connecting my other phone) are my photos and videos. Does that mean it hasn't saved anything else?
Unfortunately you won't be able to retrieve those texts if a backup wasn't made. It seems like Kies only had a backup of the photos/videos, not texts.

In the future try making it a habit to backup texts and call logs that you feel are important. There are apps in the Play Store that will let you backup and store with Gmail. Let us know if you have any questions.