Android 4.4.4 AOSP Based d2lte Nightlies

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry guys, I had to remove the official Dirty Unicorns builds from the list. I was discussing something with the developer and he resorted to calling me names. I will never support anyone who resorts to name calling. As much as I love Dirty Unicorns, I can't have it on the list because he is the developer for the d2lte builds. I hope you can understand.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I figured, too, you have the link in your post. So, all is not lost. I just don't want it in the list. I'll probably go back and add it later.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Alright, Dirty Unicorns is back on the list. Couldn't keep it off. Enjoy the ROM too much and been waiting for it to become officially maintained for a while.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It is the best ROM out there. If interested, the other day i posted a link in the DU thread for a large pack of DU walls and images i found on the web. There's also a nice LWP in the pack. I used somw of the images for my wall, notification panel and lockscreen.

Sent from my DirtyZombieCorn SGS3 using Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
The InspireOS ROM is out of beta. It's an interesting ROM. It is iOS and Paranoid Android inspired.

Paranoid Android Legacy is doing some really interesting things with their 4.5 Beta builds. They've incorporated the Android L stack recent apps. Each Beta build is adding more polish. They're working on something called they Dynamic Status Bar. It'll change colors according to what app you're using.

I'm on the hunt for new Dirty Unicorns builds. The last official build was 8/15. What I understand, they're currently on the 7.9 build.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Looks like SOKP has pulled the plug. Which is fine, as i'm still on Dirty Unicorns

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I finally got around to deleting SOKP from the list. Looks like the devs scrapped the project. It was a very feature packed ROM but didn't get updates often. It's always unfortunate to see a ROM go.

I did find a brand new ROM though. It's called BrokenOS. It has quite a few features and seemed pretty stable. It's a little themed, but nothing that's overbearing. It doesn't have a Theme Engine integrated into it. But if that's something that you like, you can use Xposed Frameworks with the HKThemeManager module and use your CM11 themes through that.

It looks like d2lte is no longer an officially maintained device with Dirty Unicorns again. There hasn't been an official build in just about a month. But I have found a couple recent unofficial 7.9 builds. I included them in the list under Unofficial Builds. I'm currently running the 9/5 7.9 build and I have to say, it's the most stable Dirty Unicorns build I've ever used. I highly suggest using either of the builds I just added.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I really like this unofficial build. I'm on the 9/11 build. Got it on his Google+ page.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Been using WiDi, but i hust switched to data to try. No issues, just updated 2 apps over data. Also no issues sending/receiving texts. Data dropped once, but i'm out in the country, which it can be hit or miss at times.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
One thing i really love with this ROM is being able to use Xiper4android. I couldn't get it woyking on official build. Also seems smoother and zippier.

Tried data again with no issues. Did you dirty flash or fresh install? Mine was a fresh install. Not sure if that would make a difference or not. I usually do fresh installs.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
One thing i really love with this ROM is being able to use Xiper4android. I couldn't get it woyking on official build. Also seems smoother and zippier.

Tried data again with no issues. Did you dirty flash or fresh install? Mine was a fresh install. Not sure if that would make a difference or not. I usually do fresh installs.

I dirty flashed it at first. Then, I tried a clean flash. Same result. A couple others on Google+ said they were having problems too. I'm glad it's working for you. He actually just released a 9/13 build. So hopefully, it'll work.

If you're using a ROM and new build comes out, you can just dirty flash on top of the old build. You don't need to reset and flash the new build. Just saying if you didn't know. If you did, awesome.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i usually do clean install due to some MODs i use. I use Niteox4 but have to manually install it. For some reason, flashing it causes me to loose root. But it's one of the best MODs of used. Great RAM management.

Also, before flashing, i unzip ROM and MOD. I take out wallpapers, add cLock and add BlackedOut versions of some apps. Usually easier for me on clean install. I may go back to dirty flashing though with the frequent updates, lol.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
For those who are Dirty Unicorns fans, Joe Carbone does update his unofficial 7.9 builds pretty frequently. The builds can be found in his Google+ page. The link to it is in the Unofficial Builds section. Dirty Unicorns is one of my favorite ROMs, if not my favorite. His builds are the most stable Dirty Unicorns builds I've ever used, and I've been using Dirty Unicorns since the Android 4.4.2 builds. Go check it out.

I also did some maintenance to the list. The Team OSE and Merkmod ROMs are no longer. So, I deleted them from the list. There is a newer CandyKat ROM d2lte build if you want to check it out. Besides that, everything should be good. Have fun.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I love that Unofficial Dirty Unicorns build. I actually like it better than the official build.

The_Ab5trakt

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
You know, I do too. His Dirty Unicorns builds are the most stable and smoothest Dirty Unicorns builds I've used. I've used a lot of them, both official and unofficial. And this is going back to Android 4.4.2. I might just have to say, it is my favorite ROM.

C-RoM was another amazing ROM, but they stopped developing d2lte builds. That did do one d2lte 4.4.4 build but Bluetooth doesn't work, which is a bummer.

AICP is another great, multi-feature ROM. Is up there in my list also. Gummy is up there too. I really like how the dark theme is actually black and cyan, not just turning everything black.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member