It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Part of me just wants to say screw it and go to iphone where I know the bugs will be worked out and that I will keep getting updates for awhile, especially with the new leak that came out today. Android is the better OS but no one can get it just right

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

What good are all the updates, when they remove most of the functionality? Siri on iPhone 4? Nope. Change the version number and call it an update.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Google did.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Google didn't get it right. Before ICS Android was an ugly inconsistent OS lacking basics such as hardware acceleration for which there is no excuse. I'm just pointing out some of the big issues, I still prefer Android over the other mobile OS's.

Reactions: matt0715

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Google didn't get it right. Before ICS Android was an ugly inconsistent OS lacking basics such as hardware acceleration for which there is no excuse. I'm just pointing out some of the big issues, I still prefer Android over the other mobile OS's.

I also still prefer android, but apple could easily win me over. The new leaks show a big screen, all that's left is changing up boring ios, if they do they've got me won. I'm sick of all this nonsense android causes. Update waits, bugs galore, the need to root to make your device capable to use. Android manufacturers need to learn something from apple and SLOW DOWN. they are releasing way too many phones, with a slew of bugs with them. Apple launches one device at a time, and gets it almost perfect with minor bug fixes within a month. I take a look at the one x forums and all I see is problems! My rant is now over :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Before ICS being the key there. Stock ICS is nothing but uber-goodness. If android could run legacy windows apps I would ditch winduhs in a second. Okay, no I wouldn't, but you get my drift.

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site

just read on xda what a few shop employees said, regarding the question what phone to take

Thirdly, I asked the staff in the Carphone Warehouse round the corner from the 3 store which they would choose, and they all burst out laughing. They said the HTC One X has had so many problems with battery life, burnt screens, and melting screen glue that they've stopped selling it.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I also still prefer android, but apple could easily win me over. The new leaks show a big screen, all that's left is changing up boring ios, if they do they've got me won. I'm sick of all this nonsense android causes. Update waits, bugs galore, the need to root to make your device capable to use. Android manufacturers need to learn something from apple and SLOW DOWN. they are releasing way too many phones, with a slew of bugs with them. Apple launches one device at a time, and gets it almost perfect with minor bug fixes within a month. I take a look at the one x forums and all I see is problems! My rant is now over :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

You should get an iphone, and stop wasting time with Android. My E4GT has been trouble free, and I cannot wait to get the SG3.:p

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

You should get an iphone, and stop wasting time with Android. My E4GT has been trouble free, and I cannot wait to get the SG3.:p

You read my mind man, lol!!

Perfect example of how some people just don't have the time or patience to get to know their device. Go with what just works and get spoon fed! The majority of customers are this way which is why Apple is so successful.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I think this thread embodies our changing attitudes towards products. We've become spoiled. Each and every phone has its faults--even the iPhone, the RAZR, most certainly the Nexus, and probably the SIII (and I suppose the One X as well). It's hard to manufacture something, particularly something as highly used in many different ways as a mobile device, and have that manufacturing process result in a 100% completely flawless result. Yet we ignore that, and each and every nuance drives us insane. lol

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

You read my mind man, lol!!

Perfect example of how some people just don't have the time or patience to get to know their device. Go with what just works and get spoon fed! The majority of customers are this way which is why Apple is so successful.

Yes, the iphone is perfect for people like him. It is less customizable and boring.

SC20120530-100206.png

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I think this thread embodies our changing attitudes towards products. We've become spoiled. Each and every phone has its faults--even the iPhone, the RAZR, most certainly the Nexus, and probably the SIII (and I suppose the One X as well). It's hard to manufacture something, particularly something as highly used in many different ways as a mobile device, and have that manufacturing process result in a 100% completely flawless result. Yet we ignore that, and each and every nuance drives us insane. lol

I think its more along the lines of which phone best suits your needs, not really a phone to end all, be all. I need customization and to be able to do whatever the HELL I want with my phone. Simple drag and drop means EVERYTHING to me! That is why I go with Android based phones. Most people don't and just want a phone that works and looks good. They go with i-slave.....I mean i-phones. As they say......to each is own.......hope I said that right, lol!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I think its more along the lines of which phone best suits your needs, not really a phone to end all, be all. I need customization and to be able to do whatever the HELL I want with my phone. Simple drag and drop means EVERYTHING to me! That is why I go with Android based phones. Most people don't and just want a phone that works and looks good. They go with i-slave.....I mean i-phones. As they say......to each is own.......hope I said that right, lol!

Quite right you are, I reckon. I was merely commenting on the fact that everything has faults, and to a certain extent, we either ignore them or amplify them to suit our needs ;).

For example, a bunch of folks have migrated from the VZW GN to the RAZR/MAXX b/c of the GN's known issues. To them, the MAXX is a perfect device, which is just fine and such. Except it's not perfect. It's running an old, old version of Android. Its screen uses technology primarily developed in the late 70's. Etc., etc. Yet they profess perfection, as I do with the GN?

And why? Because of what you said--it fits our needs.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I wish they would made a superphone that is a bundle of all software . iOS apps, Androids, customization, black berrys messenger, windows compatibility (phone, zune, computer, tablets, and xbox), webOS notifications/multitasking, and TWNUX features. It'd take the fun out of competition but it would be amazing. And yes, I know it will never happen. Lol

Reactions: matt0715

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
When you read consumer reviews of a cell phone the best thing to do is ignore half of then.
When I look at phone reviews on Verizon I skip to the bottom where it says pros and cons. Any review that says a phone has no pros or any review that says it has no cons I don't even waste my time to read.
Any review that starts with I hate (insert company here) I don't waste my time reading.
Any review that includes my (insert phone here )is better than your (insert phone here) i don't bother reading.
No phone is perfect and to think is is suggests nothing but blind and biased fanboyism. You just have to decide which quirks and shortcomings you can live with on a daily basis.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

As an HTC One X customer, I just need the data to work, the missed and dropped calls are just killing me, not to mention inexcusable on a finished product. I could of lived with the multitasking butchering and the the other little stuff but data? I realize no phone is perfect but the data HAS to work or the phone is just useless.

Anyways I'm waiting for my SG3 to come from expansys, I hope it comes soon cause I feel crippled.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

As an HTC One X customer, I just need the data to work, the missed and dropped calls are just killing me, not to mention inexcusable on a finished product. I could of lived with the multitasking butchering and the the other little stuff but data? I realize no phone is perfect but the data HAS to work or the phone is just useless.

Anyways I'm waiting for my SG3 to come from expansys, I hope it comes soon cause I feel crippled.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your One X. Please let us know what you think of it once you have spent some time with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non