GS3's S-Voice now on all devices

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
So the guys at xda have released the GS3's s-voice for all ice cream sandwich devices. Working smooth on my One X. Score!

erm isn't this old news?

p.s. I rly hope Samsung blocks it and allows just Samsung devices only to access it. It'll be a pity if the service is slow for all Samsung users because of the number of non-Samsung phones with it installed.

Reactions: Jimieo

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Butchering? If they butchered it so much then why are you using the software they created for the S3 and not the one x? Must have done a damn good job of "butchering" it if you want it.

That's open source.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
erm isn't this old news?

p.s. I rly hope Samsung blocks it and allows just Samsung devices only to access it. It'll be a pity if the service is slow for all Samsung users because of the number of non-Samsung phones with it installed.

Exactly. Shouldn't work on non-samsung devices. I think Samsung had blocked it, but now there is a work around from the blocking? That's why it's new info, again.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Butchering? If they butchered it so much then why are you using the software they created for the S3 and not the one x? Must have done a damn good job of "butchering" it if you want it.

That's open source.

I'm sure as heck not using their interface, that would be torture. I mean jeeze, they basically hacked the button system apart into a gingerbread-esqe nightmare. I can just see a google programmer on his knees shaking his fist at the heavens and screaming “Oh God why, it's a monster!!!" And don't worry I haven't used it since the 20 minutes or so of novelty wore off, and the fact that I'll probably never have any use for it sunk in. Don't worry samsung guy, it's all yours.

Last edited:

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure as heck not using their interface, that would be torture. I mean jeeze, they basically hacked the button system apart into a gingerbread-esqe nightmare. I can just see a google programmer on his knees shaking his fist at the heavens screaming ?Oh God why, it's a monster!!!" And don't worry I haven't used it since the 20 minutes or so of novelty wore off, and the fact that I'll probably never have any use for it. Don't worry samsung guy, it's all yours.

Lol.
What you call "butchering", I call "refining". I think they've really improved it, but to each his own, honestly.
I think the beauty of the open-sourced OS is to allow customisation. Not piracy. Don't confuse the too. Jailbreakers tend to have that problem too. 92% of those that jailbreak download pirated apps, but that's not what jailbreaking is all about.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure as heck not using their interface, that would be torture. I mean jeeze, they basically hacked the button system apart into a gingerbread-esqe nightmare. I can just see a google programmer on his knees shaking his fist at the heavens screaming ?Oh God why, it's a monster!!!" And don't worry I haven't used it since the 20 minutes or so of novelty wore off, and the fact that I'll probably never have any use for it. Don't worry samsung guy, it's all yours.

Bravo (golf clap), you deserve an oscar for that performance.

Actually, I've used both htc and Samsung, I like what Samsung's done with this phone. I also like the x, but it's missing too many things for my liking, so it's a no.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand personal preference, but what are you going to do when app buttons are in line with ICS (soon) and you're stuck with gingerbread buttons? That's going to be acutely annoying. And btw, I've got this puppy rooted, unlocked and ready to flash as personally, I despise sense and touchwiz, both ugly abominations imo.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I despise sense and touchwiz, both ugly abominations imo.

Lol. Man you're Android-Kid through and through. You like the no-frills experience.
I can see your point about the buttons of Nexus (stock ICS buttons is that right?) being useful. But honestly I see no difference on a large scale. Look at iPhone's button (s), or lack thereof. What isn't broken doesn't have to be changed. It confuses the masses!

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
And if it makes you feel better, imma buy a S3 off contract as soon as it's bootloader unlocked after seeing it has 2 gigs of ram. Hot dam* I had zero S3 envy until now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87