Random question

epic_samantha

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I ordered my S3 and my account had a balance prior to buying the phone now it says I payed my bill and have a credit of $13.72. I'm confused, what does this mean. HELP!?!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh that just means that .... " VZW OWES YOU $13.72 "
no really though where is the question .... You payed you balance and maybe they figured out a adjustment and now you will pay $13 less next month to male up.

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand the problem... If your balance decreased to $13.72 then you got screwed. If it increased to $13.72 then you gained money.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I ordered my S3 and my account had a balance prior to buying the phone now it says I payed my bill and have a credit of $13.72. I'm confused, what does this mean. HELP!?!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

You guys need to actually read what the OP said:

She is saying the account had a balance (she owed them money)
She ordered the S3
Now it says she has a + balance, but....she didn't pay her bill yet.

Anyway, not sure what happened. Look at your payment history to see if that offers any clues.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
pretty sure when they ship it, things will go back to normal. Check back when you get your shipping confirmation. I think this has been the norm. people pre order, and since the phone isnt shipped yet, sprint is just holding the money in ppls account. once the phone ships, then they will charge it to their account. This could hold true for other carriers as well...

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
You guys need to actually read what the OP said:

She is saying the account had a balance (she owed them money)
She ordered the S3
Now it says she has a + balance, but....she didn't pay her bill yet.

Anyway, not sure what happened. Look at your payment history to see if that offers any clues.

I guess I was to busy trying to be a smart ass to actually really read into the question.
Looks like what she did was pay off her balance when she thought she was paying for the new phone.
When I pre ordered I didn't get charged anything upfront ( nor did I owe anything ).
So now her bill is paid and she has to just do a double check on the status of the new phone. To make sure she went through the whole process.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
pretty sure when they ship it, things will go back to normal. Check back when you get your shipping confirmation. I think this has been the norm. people pre order, and since the phone isnt shipped yet, sprint is just holding the money in ppls account. once the phone ships, then they will charge it to their account. This could hold true for other carriers as well...

He is correct. I noticed the same thing and called sprint and they confirmed it will straighten itself out when it ships. This is just how they do it.

mpmtkd

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Rogers and I am charged 40 dollars for the pre order and once I get my device, I will be credited back the money.

That's probably the issue with yours.

rico college

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
They hold your prepaid amount in your account as a credit until your phone ships.

They do this because a lot of people have complained about companies making money on the "float" in the past.

"float" is when companies make money on the interest on funds sitting in bank accounts for no reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlotte Rise FC