[Battery] Mugen 2300mAh Extended Battery

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a Mugen in my Palm Pre and Galaxy S 2 and they were excellent. I haven't felt the need for one in this phone and I have no idea what that would do to nfc but my experience with them has been excellent. Of course for the cost you're only getting like an hour more of use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Even the 200 mAh increase is most likely just lower testing standards. As far as I know, none of the replacement battery manufacturers (or their customers) have ever demonstrated improved performance over stock batteries. On the other hand, several people have conducted tests that always show no real benefit.

fpc99

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This is the description from one of a few vendors, mentioning the NFC

"Additional information
Extended battery adds 200mAh to your Galaxy S3
The original Samsung Galaxy S3 battery is 2100mAh, this Mugen battery is 2300mAh. Adding 200mAh, more than enough to give you that extra time you need to chat text or surf.

Built in NFC chip

The Mugen extended battery features a built in NFC chip which gives your Samsung Galaxy S3 its NFC capabilities to use NFC technology on items such as Samsung TecTiles

Fits with original Samsung back cover
Unlike other extended batteries, this one fits with your original Samsung back cover..."

Personally, I still think it's too much $$, but not because of no NFC, in case anyone was worried.

jerico74

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I got this battery and it arrived today. My phone (Galaxy S3 on AT&T) allows me to enable the NFC functionality with the battery installed (NFC TagInfo app seems to be functional too, though I have no other devices nearby to test it out with).

Anon_Emus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I got this battery and it arrived today. My phone (Galaxy S3 on AT&T) allows me to enable the NFC functionality with the battery installed (NFC TagInfo app seems to be functional too, though I have no other devices nearby to test it out with).

Look forwards to test results...

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I believe the 4200, 4500, 4800 mah batteries are crap. If you test them you will see they are like really 2300 mah, tops. See user some reviews. For instance, this 4800 one is only 9.76 dolars, how is that even possible?
For Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 4800mAh Extended Battery + Back Door Cover - samsung-galaxy-s3

Cheers
I know there are some knockoffs, but some of them have really good reviews :cool: I'll be sure to report back the battery life I get when mine arrives next week. Thanks for bringing me back to earth though

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm gunna buy a power gen 8400 juice box so I can still wear my otterbox defender series case

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Hyperion 4200 mAh and must say that it gets the job done. With the OEM battery I could not make it through the day. Now I get home from work with almost 40% left.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2