iBolt Charging Dock for Galaxy S3

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else feel it was kinda built upside down? What I mean is, the native way to hold the phone in landscape mode is with the home button on your right. The dock is designed so it's on the left. Just open your camera and you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Bababoie to yall

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the default music app on the Galaxy s3 doesn't work properly with this dock? If you switch from playing through the widget to the main app screen music will discontinue playing through the car speakers and it will only play through the phone. But if you go forward one song or back a song it will play through the car speakers again. So you cant switch from the widget to the main screen for the music app without it malfunctioning by playing just through the phone speaker. Needless to say, this is annoying and I wish Samsung would allow us to get rid of both of these crappy music apps. Sound Alive and The Music Hub suck. Also, why did they put 2 music apps on this phone in the 1st place? Its simply bloatware. Has anyone else had this issue?

Bababoie to yall

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
And I use a case and would like to avoid removing the case any time I want to use it.

I did consider it initially, though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
You can take out the insert and make it so it will hold a phone with the case on the phone. I figured this out after a while.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else feel it was kinda built upside down? What I mean is, the native way to hold the phone in landscape mode is with the home button on your right. The dock is designed so it's on the left. Just open your camera and you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

get what you mean man.. i tend to use my phone in landscape with volume button at bottom. maybe its so volume is at top?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to have fun with the totally useless idea of a dash cam, but that won't work so well if it's upside down :/

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Ludwig61

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh and about the power button... i've noticed that with the phone docked and in my case, I can just push down on the "top" side of the phone (when cradled) and it is enough to turn on/off display

I've heard there are adhesive pads in the box. Could you position the pads where they would lift the S3 up a bit on both sides of the power button?

Ludwig61

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
just buy the AT&T infuse 4g dock works way better :) :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wBmmKhp9Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

Just upgraded from a Motorola Droid2. That puppy got hot in the sun when the dock was attached to the windshield and I ran Nav. I don't know of the S3 gets hot like that. The iBolt appears more open on the back than the Infuse dock. I'd think that would be better for cooling, though I'm not sure it will matter much unless I run the defroster on cold...