Navigator on S3 gives different name and directions.

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The other day my girlfriend and I were looking for a better route to a destination that we have been to before. I entered the name of the place in google navigator on my Verizon Galaxy S3 and it gave me a different city and business name then what I typed in the search bar. After trying the address and city a few more times with no luck I asked my girlfriend to type the exact search in her DInc and it came up with the correct address, business name, and city but my S3 still shows a different address not even close to my destination. Here's the exact example:

In google navigator I typed in the type destination tab: Sweeny's Bar Webster Wisconsin. The result came back as Chuckers Bowl & Lounge in Rush City Mn

When my girlfriend typed the exact wording in her Dinc it came back with the correct address and directions to Sweeny's. Does anyone know what the issue here could be?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That is strange. Can you still reproduce it?

My first thought is...does your phone know where you are at? Like if you open Maps, does it have your location.

I remember when I cam back from California to Pennsylvania, my gps wasn't working and all my searches were returning things in California and for some reason I was getting results from Rhode Island for awhile...despite me never being there.

I ended up clearing my map data ( settings, manage applications, google maps, clear data) and it fixed it.

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I can still reproduce it and it did know where I was at. I think there is a software issue with ICS and hopefully will be corrected with Jelly Bean. The other thing that I found was that google maps on my PC also gives the same incorrect address and directions even though I in put the correct address. Must be a version issue as well.

That is strange. Can you still reproduce it?

My first thought is...does your phone know where you are at? Like if you open Maps, does it have your location.

I remember when I cam back from California to Pennsylvania, my gps wasn't working and all my searches were returning things in California and for some reason I was getting results from Rhode Island for awhile...despite me never being there.

I ended up clearing my map data ( settings, manage applications, google maps, clear data) and it fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer