Samsung Galaxys S3 Old Google Voice app on ICS 4.0.4

chrisabston

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxys S3 Old Google Voice app on ICS 4.0.4 plus friends and family numbers = free phone calls!!!!

I know, the old Google Voice 0.3.0 crashes when run on ICS 4.0.4

Here is a solution to get the old app that dials only one access number for all calls to work with new devices running ICS 4.0.4

If you want to have the old GV 0.3.0 on ICS 4.0.4, follow these steps:

1. Install newest version of GV from play store.

2. Open GV and touch next but do not choose the displayed gmail account touch USE A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT (this is the only way to get this
to work!)

3. Type in your Gmail address and your password (I know it is the same one that was displayed on the previous page... THIS IS THE ONLY
WAY TO GET IT TO WORK!) Touch sign in.

4. Choose how you want GV to dial and whether or not you want to set up the GV Voicemail.

5. Now, download the old GV 0.3.0 apk here: http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...oice_0.3.0.apk
Thank you Freeware Lovers: The Best Things in Life are FREE!!

6. Make sure Install from Unknow Sources is selected under the security tab in your settings menu.

7. Open the Google_Voice_0.3.0.apk file (Look in your apps and touch Downloads to get to the downloaded files)

8. You will get a message that you are replacing an application and that all previous user data will be saved. Touch OK.

9. Touch Install.

Now you should have a working GV 0.3.0 apk that will allow you to call through GV utilizing only one access number place this number in your F&F list and make outgoing calls for free!

*Disclaimer - Although this works you may want to review your TOS to see if this violates your carriers terms for Friends and Family numbers.

this is also posted by me on a thread at xda

jlawler4

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, you're a lifesaver.

Edit: Trying to use a different google account, and then using my same name and password didn't work. It said that user already existed. So I was forced to sign in using my main google account. Went through the rest of the steps and everything appears to work, I was able to install GV 0.3 and open it up. Although it doesn't appear to actually function. It won't download my new messages, for instance. Any help?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87