Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12

And now that you have all your stuff in Google, susprise: you've just become loyal to the Google brand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

At least the Google brand plays nice with almost everything. Apple brand, not so much. And just to clear things up here....IF Google decided to close their eco-system and become like Apple....guess what.....I'd DITCH them in a heart beat!! I buy products that suit MY NEEDS, not theirs!! I'm not tied to Google the way most people are tied to Apple. Think about that!

geer_matt@hotmail.com

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

And now that you have all your stuff in Google, susprise: you've just become loyal to the Google brand.

I do love the way Google works with my devices for now, yes I am Google loyal, but not blindly. I am because it works well for me like you were saying. Trust me though, if Google slips, if they mess my $hit up, I will be looking for a new way. There is always somebody chomping at the heels of the big dogs.

We should all get down on our knees and thank the Google Gods for giving us an escape from ios. >.O

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Ok, I'll chime in with my two cents.

No forces closes and amazing battery life.
Except iOS apps do crash more than Android apps (Source). They just don't tell you they're crashing like Android does I have an iPad2 and I have apps just up and close and kick me back to the home screen all the time. They just don't display an error message. I personally think Apple was wise in that regard because it fools people into thinking the apps, and thus the OS, are more stable than it actually is.

5 hours screen on time on 3g. The only android phone I've has that has come close to the smoothness of ios is my nexus running jellybean. But battery life is not as good on all Androids I've owned (og Droid, Droid x, s2, epic 4g, evo 3d, razr, nexus, note)
There's obvious reasons for that. Smaller screen and no real multitasking are the major ones. Again, that's the tradeoff that you get better battery life for a small screen and less functionality. I'll take more functionality and a bigger screen with a slightly worse battery life any day, but to each their own. But it really has nothing to do that Apple has some secret advanced battery technology it's using or something like that.

U think some 50 year old cares about rooting and roming?
No, but neither do over 99% of Android users. I'll post the link if I can find it again (I think it was actually less than a half percent of Android users root their devices, but can't remember off the top of my head). And less than that are actually using custom ROMs.

Yet, the "I can use my iPhone without rooting and installing a custom ROM" argument is prevalent in the arguments used against Android, despite that hardly anyone actually does. It just seems like a lot of people do if you frequent tech forums and stuff, but in the grand scheme of things, it's very very few who do.

Probably not they want to call text and check email and web. For that I'd take an iPhone.
I am being serious when I ask "why?" Is it harder to set up your email on an Android phone? No. Is it harder to surf the web on an Android phone? No. Is it harder to text on an Android phone? No. But can easily use a different browser, a different email client, a different keyboard, a different texting client on an Android phone? Yes! Not so much on an iPhone. Of course most people are just happy with the default clients....but ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Point is, the basics (the things you mention) are just as easy on both devices, and even better on Android.

Ppl complain about apple making only incremental upgrades once a year with a new phone but is rather have it happen once a year and know ur old phone is getting the newest os for years to come. Much better than android where a new phone comes out every month that is barely better than the old model.
Well, "better" is your opinion. I think it's worse. But as you said, it's choices.

Don't get me wrong, you can argue all day you prefer the iPhone, cause I don't care what you buy. But a lot of the same tired arguments ("apps are more stable," "it just works," "it's easier to use") are just a bunch of crap IMO.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Amen to that, Apple does not "just work" apple products do not play nice with a lot of things. My brother is a huge apple fan and he is one of these guys that just has the "I still want apple even though there are better devices" attitude because apple has made him believe having one is also some sort of status symbol on expensive items you can afford.

I have the Asus infinity 700 tablet, truth be told side by side (yes I have done the comparison) it blows the ipad3 away, anyone tells you different is just an apple fan-boy. As far as working together well "Thank You Google!" because the integration and streaming of my stuff through Google+ and Google Play is flawless, have never had a problem with it, load it on one device and before I can pick up the other one its on there too!

I mentioned this in another thread before, but the when I purchased my Galaxy S3, turned it on for the first time ever and entered my Gmail account information in less than 5 minutes (I think it actually took about 3) ALL of my pictures, contacts, and app information that was linked to my account auto loaded to my new phone, I didn't have to enter a thing! Walked out of that store with my entire phone set up thanks to "just works" idiom.

Now as far as any of this Apple vs Android stuff goes here is the most important thing I learned in Economics.
"You buy the best product, at the best price." Don't be brand loyal.
If we as consumers hold true to this statement then the companies we buy from will work themselves out and continue to innovate and integrate beautiful devices. I have had apple products before, they are not nearly as much fun or cool as Android.

Everything you said your S3 and infinity can do, the iPad and iPhone do as well.

geer_matt@hotmail.com

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Everything you said your S3 and infinity can do, the iPad and iPhone do as well.
I know that apple products do that too, it is response to people who defend the apple eco-system by saying "ya but apple products just work." Well... so do Android products. You do not have to be a techie or programmer to enjoy the benefits of Android.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I know that apple products do that too, it is response to people who defend the apple eco-system by saying "ya but apple products just work." Well... so do Android products. You do not have to be a techie or programmer to enjoy the benefits of Android.

Then explain why I can't connect my S3 to my MacBook pro without jumping through a dozen hoops.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Except iOS apps do crash more than Android appsThey just don't tell you they're crashing like Android does I have an iPad2 and I have apps just up and close and kick me back to the home screen all the time.

I was going to post this very same thing but you took the words right out of my mouth and summed it up so eloquently. When I had the iPhone 3G I had this happen quite often and I didn't have a bazillion apps nor games or anything whacky on my phone. As you said it wouldn't give any message whatsoever, it would just disappear and you'd be back at the home screen. With Android there's a force close message so there's a *name* for it for people to complain with.

Rev.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Except iOS apps do crash more than Android apps (Source). They just don't tell you they're crashing like Android does I have an iPad2 and I have apps just up and close and kick me back to the home screen all the time. They just don't display an error message. I personally think Apple was wise in that regard because it fools people into thinking the apps, and thus the OS, are more stable than it actually is.

There's obvious reasons for that. Smaller screen and no real multitasking are the major ones. Again, that's the tradeoff that you get better battery life for a small screen and less functionality. I'll take more functionality and a bigger screen with a slightly worse battery life any day, but to each their own. But it really has nothing to do that Apple has some secret advanced battery technology it's using or something like that.

No, but neither do over 99% of Android users. I'll post the link if I can find it again (I think it was actually less than a half percent of Android users root their devices, but can't remember off the top of my head). And less than that are actually using custom ROMs.

Yet, the "I can use my iPhone without rooting and installing a custom ROM" argument is prevalent in the arguments used against Android, despite that hardly anyone actually does. It just seems like a lot of people do if you frequent tech forums and stuff, but in the grand scheme of things, it's very very few who do.

I am being serious when I ask "why?" Is it harder to set up your email on an Android phone? No. Is it harder to surf the web on an Android phone? No. Is it harder to text on an Android phone? No. But can easily use a different browser, a different email client, a different keyboard, a different texting client on an Android phone? Yes! Not so much on an iPhone. Of course most people are just happy with the default clients....but ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Point is, the basics (the things you mention) are just as easy on both devices, and even better on Android.

Well, "better" is your opinion. I think it's worse. But as you said, it's choices.

Don't get me wrong, you can argue all day you prefer the iPhone, cause I don't care what you buy. But a lot of the same tired arguments ("apps are more stable," "it just works," "it's easier to use") are just a bunch of crap IMO.

We'll from personal experience I'm saying those things are better. I have never got kicked from apps never magically restarted the device never a problem with any apps lag or anything. I'm just saying for some ppl the iPhone and the apple ecosystem is a better choice than android. Not everyone wants to change every aspect of their phone or cares about have a 3.7,4,4.3,4.5,4.65,4.7,4.8,5.3 screen sizes and all different kinds of crap to worry about. Pretty easy to pick an iPhone have a great phone In most aspects of the device. From battery life to speed to camera. And not have to worry about "omg is my phone getting the next update!!!" "Holy crap i jsut bought my phone 25 days ago and xxx model came out ans its bettee wtf!!" Because u know it will be supported u know it will be the best iPhone out for 1 year. Not saying that's for everyone but for some ppl yes. As u can see I am in no way an apple fan boy I have a galaxy note and am not going to apple. I'm just defending apple because of all these ppl who act like the iPhone is a Kia and droids are a ferrari or something. Respect other companies as it will only make other phone makers to push more to create something better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
At least the Google brand plays nice with almost everything. Apple brand, not so much. And just to clear things up here....IF Google decided to close their eco-system and become like Apple....guess what.....I'd DITCH them in a heart beat!! I buy products that suit MY NEEDS, not theirs!! I'm not tied to Google the way most people are tied to Apple. Think about that!

And then all of those games and apps you've purchased for your Android device become useless.

Apple products suit the needs for some people. No need to bash Apple users because you don't use Apple products.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I do love the way Google works with my devices for now, yes I am Google loyal, but not blindly. I am because it works well for me like you were saying. Trust me though, if Google slips, if they mess my $hit up, I will be looking for a new way. There is always somebody chomping at the heels of the big dogs.

We should all get down on our knees and thank the Google Gods for giving us an escape from ios. >.O

Yet you just said not to be loyal to a brand.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I use the default Gmail client on my Bionic. I use the default browser on my Bionic.

I guess ignorance is bliss.

It's much easier to show my parents how to use an iPad than it is on an Android tablet.

It just works.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Maybe everything he said but they certainly can not do everything an Android device can. If you want we can get into this further, but I'm sure you know there are plenty of features available by default in Android that have been locked out of iOS. *emailing any file type as an attachment, playing many newer types of audio/video formats, flash on the web, etc.

Rev.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We'll from personal experience I'm saying those things are better. I have never got kicked from apps never magically restarted the device never a problem with any apps lag or anything. I'm just saying for some ppl the iPhone and the apple ecosystem is a better choice than android. Not everyone wants to change every aspect of their phone or cares about have a 3.7,4,4.3,4.5,4.65,4.7,4.8,5.3 screen sizes and all different kinds of crap to worry about. Pretty easy to pick an iPhone have a great phone In most aspects of the device. From battery life to speed to camera. And not have to worry about "omg is my phone getting the next update!!!" "Holy crap i jsut bought my phone 25 days ago and xxx model came out ans its bettee wtf!!" Because u know it will be supported u know it will be the best iPhone out for 1 year. Not saying that's for everyone but for some ppl yes. As u can see I am in no way an apple fan boy I have a galaxy note and am not going to apple. I'm just defending apple because of all these ppl who act like the iPhone is a Kia and droids are a ferrari or something. Respect other companies as it will only make other phone makers to push more to create something better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Seems like there are some people that spend more time customizing their Android phones than actually enjoying their Android phones.

Apparently we all need to be tech savvy, we all need the biggest screens, the fastest processors, the most RAM.. ..even if all of that isn't needed. We need to be able to customize every aspect of our phones. It's more than just running apps, making a voice call, sending a few texts, playing a game or two.

What's perfect for me has to be perfect for everyone else.

And we hate "iSheep" but want people to be loyal to Google.

:rolleyes:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
And who's fault do you honestly think that is? That has everything to do with apple not playing nice, it has nothing to do with your S3 misbehaving.

No it doesn't. My galaxy nexus connected just fine. So have most of the other android handsets I've owned. (syncing issues here and there) It certainly doesn't just work though.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe everything he said but they certainly can not do everything an Android device can. If you want we can get into this further, but I'm sure you know there are plenty of features available by default in Android that have been locked out of iOS. *emailing any file type as an attachment, playing many newer types of audio/video formats, flash on the web, etc.

Rev.

Most users don't need that. You obviously do. Imagine that, some people use their devices differently, and for a huge chunk of them iOS obviously does everything they need. (also: flash? Really? You are aware that it's been deprecated, right?)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Most users don't need that. You obviously do. Imagine that, some people use their devices differently, and for a huge chunk of them iOS obviously does everything they need. (also: flash? Really? You are aware that it's been deprecated, right?)

Most users don't need to email anything other than a photo? Seriously? Sorry, but all the users I support in a business environment do, and now that the iPhone has been used in a business environment for years already it's pretty sad to be honest.

As for flash... so now that flash is being phased out (not actually "deprecated" other than by Apple) does that mean all websites have gotten rid of flash and upgraded their sites to HTML5? Ummm... NO! I still find flash everywhere and I haven't seen all these websites make the switch away from flash just yet. Adobe is still releasing Flash updates for the desktop as well, just got an update only a couple of days ago.

Rev.

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the Apple bashing. After having used both iPhone and Android, I can see why the non-technical person might go for Apple. The average person only cares about some web surfing, text messaging, emails and pictures. All of those are easy enough to do with iPhone and it's difficult to get "lost" in the interface. The more technically inclined people who love to customize and don't want to be boxed in with apple's limitations might like android better. That's fine. I don't think the average iPhone user will care if their processor or ram specs aren't as good as the latest android phone.

They totally take advantage of the non technical people is my problem an I phone for 350 with two year contract

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Archienj7

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Most users don't need to email anything other than a photo? Seriously? Sorry, but all the users I support in a business environment do, and now that the iPhone has been used in a business environment for years already it's pretty sad to be honest.

As for flash... so now that flash is being phased out (not actually "deprecated" other than by Apple) does that mean all websites have gotten rid of flash and upgraded their sites to HTML5? Ummm... NO! I still find flash everywhere and I haven't seen all these websites make the switch away from flash just yet. Adobe is still releasing Flash updates for the desktop as well, just got an update only a couple of days ago.

Rev.

Adobe killed mobile flash. People need to move on.