Iphone will boost the gdp by. 25 to 1%

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Now this is flipping hilarious.. Jp morgan chase has put out in the wall street journal that the new iphone will boost the gdp by 1%.. Hahhahahaahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha.. And ahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha.. And Rotflmbo..
This means 8 million iphones will hv to be sold per quarter.. Now this is in the usa mind ya.. Maybe obama can add that to his intitlement spending.. With a food stamp card or welfare check you can buy and iphone... THE NEW IPHONE. THE SAVIOR OF THE AMERICAN ECONOMY.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.. AND HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA... OK JUST ROTFLMBOWIP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Everyone thinks I phones are so great and such top sellers... Ummm the 4S has been out for a year and only sold 30 million units and the SGS3 has been out for just over 3 months and they've already shipped over 43 million units!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Im talking about the us.. Not world wide with iphone sales... Plus it is true that ssg3 sales are down compared to ssg2 sales at the same release time.. But to think that the new iphone will boost gdp.. Wtf are ppl smoking.. Guess that 4 yrs of political and economic study wasn't worth .. Shouldve just had bought an iphone.. Hahahahhahaha

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh look, another apple thread in the GS3 section

Never seen that before

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh look, another apple thread in the GS3 section

Never seen that before

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Don't be a dick.. I was pointing out how funny and ridiculous the article from the wsj was.. Don't like it don't view or respond

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Everyone thinks I phones are so great and such top sellers... Ummm the 4S has been out for a year and only sold 30 million units and the SGS3 has been out for just over 3 months and they've already shipped over 43 million units!

Where are you getting those numbers from? Apple sold 26 million iPhones last quarter alone, the bulk of which were 4s. That was a slow quarter too. (the previous quarter they sold 35 million)

Your numbers are off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Now this is flipping hilarious.. Jp morgan chase has put out in the wall street journal that the new iphone will boost the gdp by 1%.. Hahhahahaahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha.. And ahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha.. And Rotflmbo..
This means 8 million iphones will hv to be sold per quarter.. Now this is in the usa mind ya.. Maybe obama can add that to his intitlement spending.. With a food stamp card or welfare check you can buy and iphone... THE NEW IPHONE. THE SAVIOR OF THE AMERICAN ECONOMY.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.. AND HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA... OK JUST ROTFLMBOWIP

Considering that in the two previous quarters apple sold 8-10 million iPhones in the US alone, without features like LTE, that number is not a stretch. Some analysts are already predicting opening week sales of at least 10 million handsets.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Considering that in the two previous quarters apple sold 8-10 million iPhones in the US alone, without features like LTE, that number is not a stretch. Some analysts are already predicting opening week sales of at least 10 million handsets.

I'd say that's a conservative estimate too tbh. There are a lot of people chompin at the bit for this whether I think they've been lobotomized or not. lol

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I meant to put by the end of this year. There was several reports done by analysts saying the 4S would sell around 30 million units this year and the SGS3 is predicted to sell over 40 million. I'm not sure how these numbers are fair considering the SGS3 was released after the first of the year and the 4S was released last October.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol well it will be a long day of "iPhone this iPhone that" false claims .. blind people on Twitter saying ignorant stuff, at least when you upgrade to a different android phone , its a dramatic change. Noting minor. i5 is just a 4s stretched out. Both will have the same features. But to all my android brothers and sisters... please don't buy into the bull crap later today.just let the fruit heads have their day. Lol

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't be a dick.. I was pointing out how funny and ridiculous the article from the wsj was.. Don't like it don't view or respond

Sort of like calling the kettle's arse black. If you don't think folks should view, don't post. And back at you; if you don't like it don't respond yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I'm not the only one that thinks you're the dick here.
As much as I am against apple, I don't come storming and bashing them. I can care less if they lose market in anything...

davidlnewman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Totally flawed economic analysis. It assumes people will spend additional money they were not considering spending before, as opposed to using money that was budgeted and will not be spent for other purposes. Really an amateurish analysis imho.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Totally flawed economic analysis. It assumes people will spend additional money they were not considering spending before, as opposed to using money that was budgeted and will not be spent for other purposes. Really an amateurish analysis imho.

You forgot to add 'because I don't like apple, not based on any knowledge I have of what they're talking about'.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree with OP. What's worse is the stupid reporting of this in the first place. Screw all that's going on in life and the world I'm getting the new iPhone!

Sweet lord.