Hey guys I'm needing some finding a tough case for my s3. I'm looking for something like the element case for the iPhone. Any suggestions
    09-13-2012 11:18 AM
    I think http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=5Ol7B2XU makes the best cases.
    You have a range of "toughness" to select
    09-13-2012 11:20 AM
    Seidio has a new case coming out for the SIII that is supposed to be waterproof and dust proof with a built in screen protector and camera lens protector. Check it out @ www.seidio.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 12:03 PM
    Seidio has a new case coming out for the SIII that is supposed to be waterproof and dust proof with a built in screen protector and camera lens protector. Check it out @ www.seidio.com

That looks nice. I hope it doesn't cost too much..... Feels weird dropping $80 for a phone case.

09-13-2012 12:21 PM
    Try the OB Defender or Commuter.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    lvluffinz and sor69l like this.
    09-13-2012 12:32 PM
    I got the Acase Superleggera at Amazon for $15 and I'm very happy with it.. Amazon.com: Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 Case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) (Fits AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories

Dual layer, inner case covers buttons that are easy to use, outer case comes in a variety of colors and fits very nicely. It does add a little more bulk to the phone but it's also protecting it. I've had a couple of drops where the phone landed face down without any damage to the phone or case. And as you can see, many good reviews from other customers too
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-13-2012 01:43 PM
    I got the Acase Superleggera at Amazon for $15 and I'm very happy with it.. Amazon.com: Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 Case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) (Fits AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories

Dual layer, inner case covers buttons that are easy to use, outer case comes in a variety of colors and fits very nicely. It does add a little more bulk to the phone but it's also protecting it. I've had a couple of drops where the phone landed face down without any damage to the phone or case. And as you can see, many good reviews from other customers too
    might have a look for that on Amazon UK mate, thanks

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-13-2012 06:12 PM
    I bought the OB commuter, havent put it to the test (and dont want to) but pretty good design, comes with a screen protector but not sure if i want to use it
    09-13-2012 06:42 PM

This is a very smart person and speaks the truth!! :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 07:03 PM
    id have to go for the black lol. blue, purple look mingin'

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-13-2012 07:17 PM
    Got my phone on Sunday....was planning on getting a case tomorrow....phone popped out of my chest pocket, landed on it's back. Screen shattered. The digitizer still works, but it's going to cost me $329 to get it fixed. Tough lesson for me, but with my track record with phones, it's par for the course. Those of you that are "just thinking" about getting a case.....I HIGHLY recommend it. Worst part is I didn't get mine at a Bell Mobility store, and I didn't have a chance to get into one to get the accidental damage insurance. I need a beer or 3. Other than that...I love this phone
    09-13-2012 07:22 PM
    Got my phone on Sunday....was planning on getting a case tomorrow....phone popped out of my chest pocket, landed on it's back. Screen shattered. The digitizer still works, but it's going to cost me $329 to get it fixed. Tough lesson for me, but with my track record with phones, it's par for the course. Those of you that are "just thinking" about getting a case.....I HIGHLY recommend it. Worst part is I didn't get mine at a Bell Mobility store, and I didn't have a chance to get into one to get the accidental damage insurance. I need a beer or 3. Other than that...I love this phone
    mate..... take out online insurance, report your phone lost/stolen to police, get incident number and make insurance claim.
    ive done it several times.
    get expensive insurance with a very low (cant remember what americans call it but we call it "excess"... is it "deductable"?)
    do that mate. dont report it as broken or you wont get a brand new phone.... say it was in a zipped coat pocket and when you went to use it, it was gone good luck bro

09-13-2012 07:28 PM
    Otterbox samsung galaxy s3 defender series case

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    09-13-2012 08:19 PM
    Otterbox samsung galaxy s3 defender series case

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    I tried a defender and am considering returning it bc it constantly gets dust under the screen protector.

Do you guys have that issue and has anyone just removed the built in?

Thanks all

09-13-2012 09:56 PM
    I have a case that makes my phone look like a NES controller.

samsung galaxy S3 case-uploadfromtaptalk1347589250526.jpg

I'm working on my procrastination issues, you just wait and see!
    09-13-2012 10:21 PM
    I have a case that makes my phone look like a NES controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347589250526.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	37395

I'm working on my procrastination issues, you just wait and see!
    wow it makes your cat stick to the ceiling

09-13-2012 10:26 PM
    I have the same issue. Also the device doesn't have a good fit inside the case. This is why I'm going to get the new case from Seidio for the S3.

09-14-2012 04:41 PM
    I was too tired to figure out why the picture went upside down.

What does the NFL and Brokeback Mountain have in common? The Cowboys suck...
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-14-2012 05:53 PM
    mate..... take out online insurance, report your phone lost/stolen to police, get incident number and make insurance claim.
    ive done it several times.
    get expensive insurance with a very low (cant remember what americans call it but we call it "excess"... is it "deductable"?)
    do that mate. dont report it as broken or you wont get a brand new phone.... say it was in a zipped coat pocket and when you went to use it, it was gone good luck bro

Dude....you're suggesting fraud....I just went out and got it fixed, bought a Defender Otterbox, then put insurance on it. I take responsibility for my own actions...but thanks for trying to help!
    09-15-2012 07:55 AM
    I just came to Android from BlackBerry units. I am really bad with phones too. I got a defender case for this but I know that GS III is not the same sock proof unit as the Bold 9900 with smaller screen.
    09-15-2012 08:12 AM
    Dude....you're suggesting fraud....I just went out and got it fixed, bought a Defender Otterbox, then put insurance on it. I take responsibility for my own actions...but thanks for trying to help!
    Well, I don't feel sorry for the insurance companies. At least not for the Canadian insurance criminals anyway. I have a Defender case too but I don't feel bad about using insurance companies anyway possible.
    09-15-2012 08:14 AM
    I have an OB Defender and love it. I had already installed a Zagg HD screen protector so I removed the Defender screen protector as soon as I got it. The combination of the two work really well. I got my Defender on Amazon for $30.

BTW the screen protector built in to the Defender is really easy to remove. Lightly push on the top and bottom, then peel it out. I don't think it would take too much to put it back in either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    09-15-2012 09:06 AM
    I tried a defender and am considering returning it bc it constantly gets dust under the screen protector.

Do you guys have that issue and has anyone just removed the built in?

Thanks all

I clean my phone weekly so it hasn't been an issue for me

gvndeb60 likes this.
    09-15-2012 10:23 AM
    I went ahead and bought myself a Otterbox Commuter. It's less bulky than the Defender and it actually feels great to hold (makes the phone more grippy) and it actually LOOKS awesome.
    09-15-2012 11:21 AM