10-07-2012 07:40 PM
42 12
tools
    I thought the toaster oven would do better but only managed to create more sparks. :/
    same bro gona try the George Foreman tomorrow

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-04-2012 08:23 PM
    I always try and run my battery low.. Either dead or in the 10% or less before going to bed and then I charge it while I sleep.

This sound like a good or bad idea to you guys?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms
    10-05-2012 05:58 AM
    The deeper the discharge, the more stress is put on the battery to get back to 100. So going down to 10% or 0 before recharging will make your battery degrade faster than going to 50% before recharging.
    Almeuit likes this.
    10-05-2012 06:20 AM
    Like others have said, use it, enjoy it and don't stress over it. Even with a non removable battery like in my Iphone, I don't stress over it. If the battery goes bad, replace it and go on enjoying your phone! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    funkylogik and Kizzmocat like this.
    10-05-2012 07:02 AM
    The deeper the discharge, the more stress is put on the battery to get back to 100. So going down to 10% or 0 before recharging will make your battery degrade faster than going to 50% before recharging.
    Thanks! I didn't know that I was putting more stress on it... I figured cycling fully was the best way to have it last longer :P.

Time to change my charging habits

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC fourms
    10-05-2012 07:09 AM
    I used to have severe ocd over the battery. 5 widgets with nothing but battery information on one screen. Now I rarely worry about it. Its a media device, its meant to be used. WHy have just an awesome device to let it collect dust. Grab another battery or get an extended battery and turn off the percent, have at it.
    10-05-2012 07:29 AM
    I used to have severe ocd over the battery. 5 widgets with nothing but battery information on one screen. Now I rarely worry about it. Its a media device, its meant to be used. WHy have just an awesome device to let it collect dust. Grab another battery or get an extended battery and turn off the percent, have at it.
    Before doing that I just liked my S3. After doing that I LOVE my S3. My battery OCD was insane.
    10-05-2012 07:32 AM
    Why stress over the battery life? By the time the battery is bad a new device will be out. Who keeps their phones that long anymore? That being said, I charge my phone every night and unplug it in the morning.
    karsdroid likes this.
    10-05-2012 09:42 AM
    wish Jerry would come on and settle this lol *shouts* JJJEEERRRRYY!!!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-05-2012 01:36 PM
    Wtf funky! First a pink dress, now you're going with the sinead o'connor look? Lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-05-2012 03:41 PM
    Wtf funky! First a pink dress, now you're going with the sinead o'connor look? Lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    what can i say lol... i like to change it up

10-05-2012 04:16 PM
    A charger hasn't been plugged into my phone since it was a week old. I have 3 batteries and 2 stand alone chargers. I let my batteries discharge all the way and pop in a fresh one when needed. Batteries get fully charged and discharged every time.

I don't agree with the statement that it's harder on the battery charging from 1% than 50%. I've been doing this for years with every smartphone I've had without a single battery issue.
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-05-2012 04:33 PM
    A charger hasn't been plugged into my phone since it was a week old. I have 3 batteries and 2 stand alone chargers. I let my batteries discharge all the way and pop in a fresh one when needed. Batteries get fully charged and discharged every time.

I don't agree with the statement that it's harder on the battery charging from 1% than 50%. I've been doing this for years with every smartphone I've had without a single battery issue.
    Every LiIon manufacturer claims that full cycles shorten their life.
    What you are doing is proving that it is trivial. Particularly in something like a phone.
    In something like a laptop which drains a battery quickly and typically runs it hotter, you might see a difference in battery life. Here, it isn't meaningful. Charge it in a way that is convenient to you life style and move on.
    10-05-2012 09:32 PM
    well isnt it true that a 50% charge will take less life from the battery simply because its only half a charge cycle??
    thats a false economy since youll have to charge the battery again 50% sooner lol?

10-05-2012 09:47 PM
    I post this in every "charge overnight" thread. Read through it, educate yourself. It's fine to leave it plugged in:
    http://phandroid.com/2010/12/25/your...h-a-bad-thing/
    funkylogik and fmac like this.
    10-06-2012 08:26 AM
    I always leave my phone in the charger overnight with no problems... It's safe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-06-2012 09:46 AM
    I post this in every "charge overnight" thread. Read through it, educate yourself. It's fine to leave it plugged in:
    http://phandroid.com/2010/12/25/your...h-a-bad-thing/
    excelent read Monkey thanks for that mate

10-07-2012 07:40 PM
42 12