How Can I Hide the Status Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
i got an unrooted S3 and i want to hide the status bar. how can i hide it but have the ability to unhide it through a finger gesture?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i think most custom launchers have the option mate.
i use Go Launcher, its free and you can hide/show the status bar and/or dock with gestures.
theres better launchers than Go but think youl have to pay to get that feature.
maybe not on free Apex launcher?
it makes homescreen look SO much hotter.
it only hides it on homescreen btw, not on apps that usualy have it shown

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Third party launchers such as Apex and Nova allow you to do this. As funky mentioned, it only works on homescreen, and not in other apps. Hope this helps! :D

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Third party launchers such as Apex and Nova allow you to do this. As funky mentioned, it only works on homescreen, and not in other apps. Hope this helps! :D

yeah but i like the native launcher in the s3. i dont like other launchers.. they look nerdy.. what i dont understand is that the iphone can be easily customized, and so this isnt an issue for it. but why on android which has been touted to be better than the iphone, especially with customization, cant the same thing be done?? this makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah but i like the native launcher in the s3. i dont like other launchers.. they look nerdy.. what i dont understand is that the iphone can be easily customized, and so this isnt an issue for it. but why on android which has been touted to be better than the iphone, especially with customization, cant the same thing be done?? this makes no sense.

umm youre not makin sense lol. its very customisable by using apps+widgets.
launchers can be made to look however u want.. have you seen the homescreens thread in "stickies"
think u chose the wrong phone though tbh ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

koolx

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
umm youre not makin sense lol. its very customisable by using apps+widgets.
launchers can be made to look however u want.. have you seen the homescreens thread in "stickies"
think u chose the wrong phone though tbh ;)

wow youre not intelligent. lol.. the s3 is very custimizable except that you cant hide the status bar.. have you ever used an s3? i think youre in the wrong forum though.. tbh.

global s3, UK, i welcome your intelligent comments unlike others in here and i'll reply to you.

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

If they look nerdy, it's because you made them that way. Nova launcher will copy your TW homescreen setup exactly the way you had when you first start it. From there you are able to make far more changes to the apearence of your homescreens including hiding the notification bar.

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
wow youre not intelligent. lol.. the s3 is very custimizable except that you cant hide the status bar.. have you ever used an s3? i think youre in the wrong forum though.. tbh.

global s3, UK, i welcome your intelligent comments unlike others in here and i'll reply to you.

So much ignorance going on in your last two replies. Haha. I don't even find them worth pointing out because they are so obviously wrong

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Wow the only thing the iphone is apparently easier to customize than an android ( even though there is a option to do it in android ) and you are baffled. Trying customizing the other 99% of the stuff that android can do on a jail broken iphone and see what happens..... oh wait, you can't.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

look at my screenshot. i can guarantee you thats an unrooted s3 (mine lol) .... now do you see a statusbar????
dont think youre in a position to judge others' intelligence dude :beer:

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure that with some launchers you can also get rid of the status bar on the lockscreen...I could be confused that it is a ROM option though

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure that with some launchers you can also get rid of the status bar on the lockscreen...I could be confused that it is a ROM option though

yeah its an option on custom lockscreens and maybe on some launchers :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
jst realised how much of a tit this op is lol, askin a question, gettin an answer, then turnin into a cheeky lil kid lol.
hope people remember your crap when youre stuck with something else (im sure you will be) and reply with a :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Dude, you are so far past having issues, you have whole subscriptions.

You get an honest answer then attack the guy who gives it to you?

Go over the xda with that attitude, you would fit right in, we are about helping people over here, not being a twit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.