10-12-2012 02:20 AM
36 12
tools
    Just download airpush detector and your problem will be solved

Sent from my CUSTOM ICS HTC EVO 3D using Android Central Forums.
    10-11-2012 05:30 PM
    Just download airpush detector and your problem will be solved

Sent from my CUSTOM ICS HTC EVO 3D using Android Central Forums.
    you should really read whole threads or at least the 1st post lol :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 05:54 PM
    Off topic. I agree the return period should be more than 15 minute for any app that doesn't have a trial version

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-11-2012 06:19 PM
    If you are rooted u believe there are ad blocking apps that also bock air push notifications

Otherwise, as an unrooted user, you can use app brain ad detector to find which app is causing it

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10

Like a boss!
    10-11-2012 06:27 PM
    think thats why JB puts an end to it mate
    Seems like this will be the only solution
    10-11-2012 07:05 PM
    If you are rooted u believe there are ad blocking apps that also bock air push notifications

Otherwise, as an unrooted user, you can use app brain ad detector to find which app is causing it

Like a boss!
    yeah i use that. i like how it notifies you in real-time when you d/load the app and you can just uninstall it

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-11-2012 07:18 PM
    yeah i use that. i like how it notifies you in real-time when you d/load the app and you can just uninstall it

Yea, and avast for viruses on downloaded apps

Like a boss!
    10-11-2012 07:38 PM
    As a developer I understand the pros and cons of using airpush. We as developers must monetize our apps and users so we can continue to create innovative apps that my users enjoy. I have spent countless hours developing my apps yet nobody wants to pay for the premium version, everyone just wants the free version. If that is the case then my users will have to put up with the ads as there is no other way for me to make profit.

Now with the Airpush notifications the user can just swipe away the ad OR better yet OPT OUT. Once you have opted out the user should not be getting anymore ads. My girlfriend has a similar issue with the notification ads that keep populating in her notification tray. I helped her and emailed Airpush to opt out, sure it wasnt instantaneous but after about 3 days I believe her phone was fully opted out and we haven't gotten any more ads ..at least from Airpush.

Take it for what its worth
    funkylogik likes this.
    10-11-2012 08:10 PM
    As a developer I understand the pros and cons of using airpush. We as developers must monetize our apps and users so we can continue to create innovative apps that my users enjoy. I have spent countless hours developing my apps yet nobody wants to pay for the premium version, everyone just wants the free version. If that is the case then my users will have to put up with the ads as there is no other way for me to make profit.

Now with the Airpush notifications the user can just swipe away the ad OR better yet OPT OUT. Once you have opted out the user should not be getting anymore ads. My girlfriend has a similar issue with the notification ads that keep populating in her notification tray. I helped her and emailed Airpush to opt out, sure it wasnt instantaneous but after about 3 days I believe her phone was fully opted out and we haven't gotten any more ads ..at least from Airpush.

Take it for what its worth
    ive opted out my IMEI a few times and still get them, or maybe its the leadbolt ones?
    totaly understand why dev's use them though.
    how does the payment work? like does the user have to click on the notification/ad or do u get payed per instalation of your app?
    also aparently on JB you can expand the push notification and choose to not recieve any more from the sender? how will that affect people like yourself?
    and do you agree with me that google should allow longer refund periods?

10-11-2012 08:34 PM
    I have no problem with in app ads. If I use the app, the ads I look at are "payment". Ads in the notification bar are a totally different animal. They are like popups or autoplay ads on the web. They are an unwanted intrusion.

I also have a rule for everyone in the house. If an app is on your phone for 2 weeks and you still use it regularly, you buy it.
    Einwod likes this.
    10-12-2012 02:11 AM
    AdAway and AdFree programmes from the market. I rarely see ads in any unpaid app. Must be rooted.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    10-12-2012 02:20 AM
36 12