Removable battey

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Everyone says you don't need one especially with a Motorola Maxx. I disagree. We have been without power due to ice storms. I went and bought a battery charger and spare battery and I love that I can charge one battery in my truck and use the other. I'm actually mad that a lot of new android phones are going with a non removable battery. That is one of the great things that sets apple from android apart.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree! It's a very practical and underrated feature. It gets rid of the need to be hooked to a charger when you need your phone, instead you can pop in another battery and keep going! Plus the removable back makes extended batteries and custom back covers possible :cool:

I heard Germany went so far as to try and ban phones without a removable back cover because they are non eco friendly

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do not care how many plug-in external batteries they make available, I prefer the option to be able to replace my battery at will as I see fit. I do not want to send my phone to an 'authorized service center' or take it there just because a battery has chosen to crap the bed.

Doesn't matter how big that battery is, or how great the life is initially, batteries will fail, and when is no guarantee. When a device is as expensive as a smartphone can be, I'll chose the option to handle issues myself when necessary. Thanks, to the device makers that give us the option.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I would NEVER buy a phone with a non-removable battery! If I wanted a POS non-removable battery phone, I'd buy an Apple!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I would NEVER buy a phone with a non-removable battery! If I wanted a POS non-removable battery phone, I'd buy an Apple!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Not being able to change a battery is one of the major flaws in an apple. So is not having expandable storage. Are phone manufacturers that out of touch to not know what customers prefer? If they want to copy something from apple, copy the backup and restore. It takes me at least an hour to put my phone back the way it was with backgrounds, apps, shortcuts, ringtones, settings, etc. With apple it only takes 10 minutes.

Last edited:

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I will never buy a phone without a removable battery. It's so nice not having to be hooked up to a life support and just be able to swap on the fly when out all day!

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This one of the reasons that I came back to the SG3, I tried the Nexus 4 but was not too impressed with it and also because I could not switch out the battery when I needed to. I had to make sure I was charged up before I went out somewhere.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm still without power. Thank god I went by a sprint store and got a battery and dock. I have Verizon, but if you don't have a droid branded phone or an iPhone Verizon doesn't have any accessories, but that's a rant for a different thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89