Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Flashing Blue

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
After doing a factory reset I have started to experience it again. The only app I could possibly attribute it to is SwiftKey which I downloaded using Aptoide. After the factory reset I have been downloading apps intermittently to observe if there had been any effects and it appears that it started happening not long after I downloading SwiftKey, this could just be a coincidence though.

Anyone tried sending it for repair?
I spoke to my carrier who offered to send it away but I don't have another phone to use in the interim and feel that they'd probably fail to fix it.

tried factory reset twice before.....still experiencing it........
You haven't by any chance downloaded SwiftKey from Aptoide?

You Sheng Chong

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
i'm using swiftkey....but from another website......but i remember i have this issue before i install swiftkey......anyway, will uninstall swiftkey and observe for a few days.......
Are you using any launcher at the mean time?

Last edited:

newfrustrateduser

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Samsung Galaxy S3 last Saturday. Received it on Wed and while watching TV tonight, look over and my phone is flashing. Turned it off, came back on flashing and the screen looks grainy. Tried factory reset....and now while it is still flashing, I no longer have a screen...well...there is a light blue frame around what used to be a picture, with a big black blob in the center. I live in a remote area, and only have either internet or Costco (and I seem to remember that Costco can't replace a phone ordered from T-Mobile online). Really, really unhappy right now.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's unfortunate, but manufacturing processes aren't perfect. Defects do slip through. They're pretty rare, but that doesn't help you. If you've done a factory reset, it's probably a hardware issue. I'd try pulling the battery for a few minutes, because it's easy to do, but it probably won't solve your problem. Call t-mobile and see what they say. Maybe they'll ship you a new one right away and not wait until they get your current one back.

leigh mellis

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
It's unfortunate, but manufacturing processes aren't perfect. Defects do slip through. They're pretty rare, but that doesn't help you. If you've done a factory reset, it's probably a hardware issue. I'd try pulling the battery for a few minutes, because it's easy to do, but it probably won't solve your problem. Call t-mobile and see what they say. Maybe they'll ship you a new one right away and not wait until they get your current one back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty