Draft folder sync with Outlook

Dany Gosselin

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
i'm using S3 with ActiveSync on Exchange Server (outlook). When I save a draft email on Outlook, i can see it in my S3 in draft folder.

But, when i save draft email from my S3, this email stay only on my S3 not in outlook.

Someone know if it's possible to save draft email using S3 and sync it in Outlook ?

Regards,

Dany

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, this seems to be broken. Here's what should work:

In the mail app, tap menu, then settings, then your exchange account. Scroll down to Folder sync settings, and tap there. Scroll down to Drafts, and tap. Most likely, both peak and off-peak are set to manual. You can:

Change those values to something else, so that the drafts folder is automatically synced. That will use a bit more battery, though, and unless you're creating drafts on your phone a lot probably not what you want. Or, from the main mail page, select menu, folders, draft, and then tap the sync icon in the top right corner.

Unfortunately, neither of those actually seems to work. Your best bet might be to email it to yourself, and then open it on your desktop Outlook client when you're ready to complete and send it.

roundwound5

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I have tested this as well with Exchange 2010 and Office 365 ActiveSync mailboxes. The Draft Folder syncs between OWA and Outlook, but not with ActiveSync. When a message is composed from an account configured as ActiveSync on a mobile device the message must be sent in order to sync with Exchange. Drafts created from the mail app are stored locally, but drafts created in OWA or Outlook will sync to the device in the Drafts folder. This seems to be by design although I have not found any official explanation from Microsoft, Apple, or Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87