Official Samsung 3000mAh extended battery arrived

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Samsung extended battery for my gs3. took almost 2 weeks for shipment from UK.
Awesome thing is that my existing case, which i got from Spring when i bought the phone, fit. Its a very tight fit, but it does fit. Battery is slightly heavier and the phone is slightly bulkier, but still feels nice. I will test out the battery for a few days and see how it performs, the results will be posted here.
For now, here are some pictures:

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got the Samsung extended battery for my gs3. took almost 2 weeks for shipment from UK.
Awesome thing is that my existing case, which i got from Spring when i bought the phone, fit. Its a very tight fit, but it does fit. Battery is slightly heavier and the phone is slightly bulkier, but still feels nice. I will test out the battery for a few days and see how it performs, the results will be posted here.
For now, here are some pictures:
I would not recommend this. When the Droid X, came out with an extended battery they supplied an extra cover with it. Some people decided to use the original battery cover with the extended battery which was thicker and suffered screen damage from the fact the the battery was putting pressure on the screen. Use the supplied battery cover, but I would suggest not using your case, find another case that fits the extended battery.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I would not recommend this. When the Droid X, came out with an extended battery they supplied an extra cover with it. Some people decided to use the original battery cover with the extended battery which was thicker and suffered screen damage from the fact the the battery was putting pressure on the screen. Use the supplied battery cover, but I would suggest not using your case, find another case that fits the extended battery.

The case/cover is made out of rubber, so it stretches a little. I'm using the back cover that came with the phone.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Good to know! I ordered mine from the UK last Thursday. So I've hit a week waiting. Saw it just arrived in Chicago thru the tracking number though. Hopefully I'll have it before the weekend.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Who did you order from? I did mobilefun but chose the 3-4 day air. It was only $4 more so I figured I'd do that to have it by my trip on Friday.

I ordered from them also. But I called their NY location and was told that the battery is in NY. Well, it wasn't.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from them also. But I called their NY location and was told that the battery is in NY. Well, it wasn't.

Just got mine in today. I'll give it a few days to see how it does. Pretty excited about it though! Not nearly as thick as I was thinking.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little confused here, you say you're using the phone's original back case cover but you've posted a picture with two different back covers, one from Sprint and one that says Samsung. Is the one that says Samsung deeper to accommodate the extended battery? Reason I'm asking is I use a BodyGlove ToughSuit case and I'm wondering if the phone will fit in it with the extended battery.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
So really the only way I'd know if the extended battery back cover would fit in my case is to buy it and see if it fits. I read your first post a little to quickly, thanks for the clarification.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
So really the only way I'd know if the extended battery back cover would fit in my case is to buy it and see if it fits. I read your first post a little to quickly, thanks for the clarification.

If your case is rubber and has sleep flex, then it should fit. It was a supertihht fit in my case. I used a heat gun to stretch the case a little. The new back cover that comes with the battery actually fill very very nice and has lots of grip.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little confused here, you say you're using the phone's original back case cover but you've posted a picture with two different back covers, one from Sprint and one that says Samsung. Is the one that says Samsung deeper to accommodate the extended battery? Reason I'm asking is I use a BodyGlove ToughSuit case and I'm wondering if the phone will fit in it with the extended battery.

I can answer your question for you. I ordered the extended battery from Samsung as well. Coincidentally I also have the same body glove case as you. Love the case. It DOES NOT fit with the new extended battery. So right now my phone is naked until I can find a case. I loved that body glove case though. Prefect for taking pictures. Those notches made it easy to hold. Oh well. Hope this helps. Battery is absolutely worth it. Adds protection for the camera too which is great.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Needless to say I'm very sorry to hear that. I was considering ordering the Seidio extended battery case before I ordered the BodyGlove. Problem I have with the Seidio is it won't fit in my Akron car dock plus I really wanted a case with a belt clip that allowed the phone to be placed screen outward (couldn't do that with the Seidio either). If you find a case that has either a medium or greater level of protection that accommodates the Samsung extended battery please post. Really, I don't know how you'd go about finding one unless you were lucking enough to find one in a store as if you were ordering online it would be pretty much trial & error. The Spring case stas333 is using looks like it provides a medium amount of protection, maybe more, that's probably a good place to start.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Needless to say I'm very sorry to hear that. I was considering ordering the Seidio extended battery case before I ordered the BodyGlove. Problem I have with the Seidio is it won't fit in my Akron car dock plus I really wanted a case with a belt clip that allowed the phone to be placed screen outward (couldn't do that with the Seidio either). If you find a case that has either a medium or greater level of protection that accommodates the Samsung extended battery please post. Really, I don't know how you'd go about finding one unless you were lucking enough to find one in a store as if you were ordering online it would be pretty much trial & error. The Spring case stas333 is using looks like it provides a medium amount of protection, maybe more, that's probably a good place to start.

I have dropped the phone once or twice, so far it did its job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699