Unable to download music on S3

shiikha

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Calling for help!

'm unable to download music on my S3 from explorer or chrome from music sites. Whenever I try to save link or open it shows download unsuccesful :-\

Suggestions to rectify this, anyone? :$

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you give an example of a link where you're unable to download from?
Have you tried the stock browser?
What format is this music in?
I assume that it's not DRM protected?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Give us a links to a couple of the songs you're trying to download.

Just FYI, the "stock" browser is the one that came with our phone, e.g., "Internet." There are other browsers you can download from the play store, like Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin. These are "aftermarket" or "3rd party" browsers. DRM stands for Digital Rights Management, which is a form of copy protection. For example, until a few years ago, all the music on iTunes had DRM, and you could only download and play the songs on iTunes or an iPod.

I suspect I know the answer, but I can be sure if I can check the links.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there a step in between such as Explorer to PC to S3 or is there an IE for Android that I don't know about? Agree, details on the location of the source file and methodology would be helpful for troubleshooting.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sigh. See post #4, and my signature in that post. Without data, there's nothing we can do to help. Tell me where you're trying to download from, and I'll try to help.

fly5005

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The music is downloading from my other phone but it's not working with the Android (galaxy note 2). Sites like 4shared...and they used to work before but now it keeps saying "download unsuccessful"

fly5005

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Nokia and blackberry both work when I download songs from them. I believe it's something to do with the browser. I fixed it all right

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, it's actually lucky because I think those free mp3 sites have lots of spyware and Trojans.

Instead you might consider downloading stuff from YouTube with tubemate.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2