Battery Issue- Help? please and thank you

Nathan Douglas

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Recently my Galaxy S3, GT-I9305T has been playing up alot. When the battery reaches anywhere between 40-20% the screen starts flickering and then just shuts down altogether. I also get a pretty terrible battery life with only about 1 hour, usually less of on-screen time. Im not sure what 'mediaserver' is but it uses a large chunk of my battery life and it never used to. Any help is appreciated, should I buy a new battery or a whole new phone? Quite frustrating. Thanks guys

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If media server is using a lot of battery, there's a good chance you have a corrupt media file on either internal or external storage. The media server periodically scans your storage, and if it gets stuck on a file it can't read it will churn, eating up cpu and battery.

I you have a removable SD, try taking it out, rebooting, and see if that resolves the issue. If not, try copying moving all your music, photo and video files off the phone, to a computer, and rebooting.

Last edited:

Nathan Douglas

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes I do have a Micro SD card and I have tried what you said and taken it out of the phone and seen if the battery lasts longer but it doesnt. Ill try rebooting with the SD Card removed.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non