Chemical spill resulting in phone not charging

opalescence

May 18, 2014
Visit site
So I believe that I managed to get vinegar on the contacts inside both the usb cable and the usb port. The ports had a teal/verdigris type coating on them which I managed to reduce with a toothbrush. The handsfree mode went absolutely manic switching on and off for ages. The phone then refused to charge at all.

Im in the UK and need to get it fixed but am unsure how much that will set me back...any estimates? I'll be going with the geeksquad.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
So I believe that I managed to get vinegar on the contacts inside both the usb cable and the usb port. The ports had a teal/verdigris type coating on them which I managed to reduce with a toothbrush. The handsfree mode went absolutely manic switching on and off for ages. The phone then refused to charge at all.

Im in the UK and need to get it fixed but am unsure how much that will set me back...any estimates? I'll be going with the geeksquad.

im in the uk also but depending on the damage i would say ?50

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Would it be covered by talk mobile's repair service or the warranty.
I seriously doubt it.

You could check this place http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk to see if they can replace the micro-USB port and for how much.

If the cable was wet and powered when you connected it then you may have damaged components other than just the micro-USB port. It's really hard to say - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Would it be covered by talk mobile's repair service or the warranty.
I seriously doubt it.

You could check this place http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk to see if they can replace the micro-USB port and for how much.

If the cable was wet and powered when you connected it then you may have damaged components other than just the micro-USB port. It's really hard to say - sorry

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress