When l try to use my Speak to Text mode on my Samsung Galaxy 3 l get offline mode unavailable, what's up with that?

A

AC Question

when l try to use my speak to text mode on my samsung galaxy 3 l get offline mode unavailable

it was working 2 weeks ago, then it just stoped

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: when l try to use my speak to text mode on my samsung galaxy 3 l get offline mode unavailable

Welcome to Android Central! Is this the S3 or Note 3? Are you actually offline, or are you connected to the web via wi-fi or mobile data?

Marion Blagdon

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: when l try to use my speak to text mode on my samsung galaxy 3 l get offline mode unavailable

I SOLVED this problem for myself by changing language from English UK to English US. Nothing else worked.

Jankon

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem. When I try to use voice recognition to type a text message I get the message "offline mode unavailable, try again". I have no idea why that happens. I am online. Not only mobile data enabled, but I also have WiFi connection. I can call, email, browse internet but the voice recognition gives me this stupid message. Why is this happening? I used that many times before and everything was always fine. How can I fix it?

Bultaco

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I SOLVED this problem for myself by changing language from English UK to English US. Nothing else worked.

Up until about a week ago I could "type" any text I wanted into my Galaxy S3 phone simply by speaking the words.

I could do this OFFLINE in Text Messaging, Gmail, Calendar, Keep (note program) and any other program where the keyboard was required.

I did this simply by pressing and holding the little microphone located to the left of the spacebar on my onscreen keyboard...then talking away!

Now, when I press that key, I get a "Can't reach Google at the moment" error message.

I tried your suggestion, Marion; it did nothing for me. Still dead when offline.

Suggestions anyone? Anyone?

What did Google do to kill this amazingly useful feature...and why?

Bultaco

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem on my phone too and found the cause was that I was missing my internet APN setting. Maybe check your APN's?

Hi, greyshep.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "check" your APN settings." There are about 35 of them....and only two or three seem to be prefilled (presumably by the carrier.)

I played with mine; nothing. But thanks for the suggestion.

Daemon Singer

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys

Just had this issue as well.

Tried the APN suggestion and nothing, then changed the primary language to US English, with the second Australian English. It was the other way around.

Open the voice typing where it says "offline unavailable".
Click the settings button on the left of the animated indicator, where it tells you no offline availabilty
Click the top button "languages"
Find US English
Hold it for about a second.
Click save on the dialog box
It will advise primary language has changed.
When you close it you may get "Connection failed - server error"
Click OK
Try the voice again.

All good.

Mine is a Note 5 Galaxy :)

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Marion is right ,keep getting offline response when hitting microphone,changed from UK to US language by hitting gear icon in message app beside mic and finally it works again,so thanks Marion

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87