Currently deployed and deleted all pictures instead of one. PLEASE HELP

Are Oh B

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I know this has been addressed numerous times on here and I tried to do my research this morning on it.

I deleted the whole folder instead of just one picture. I looked into trying to root my phone with kango and then the digger app, but it wont go through.

my build number is KOT49H.I545VRUFNK1

I am currently deployed and lost all pictures of my wife and son and am absolutely crushed right now. Im trying to do anything I can to get them back. I seem to have a decent amount of them within a '.thumbnail' folder, but I cant find a way to restore them

Im hoping there is someone out there that can please help me get these back. The digger app seems to work great if my phone is rooted, but I cant figure it out. If someone could please give me a step by step/walk me through it/or link me a video I would be eternally greatful

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are Oh B

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
no pictures were backed up. I was able to use a 3rd party software (had to pay $39, but for pictures of my wife, and son, there is no comparable cost) and I was able to get them back. I put them onto my computer, and then pushed them back to my phone. My phone is set up to have all the pictures stored on the SD card, basically the 'camera roll' but I cant find a way to put them back onto the sd and still access them through the gallery. it seems as if i put them on the SD card, I then can only access them from 'my files' and im trying to keep all the pictures together in the camera roll

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whew, I'm glad you were able to recover them! Which program did you use, DiskDigger?

Not sure why the Gallery app isn't reading the photos if you manually place them on the SD card. It's possible the system's Media Scanner isn't being prompted to look for them for some reason. See if you can force it to look--try going to the App Manager, tap Gallery, then Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. When you open it again, wait a few seconds for the database to repopulate. Don't worry, Clear Data won't erase the photos you just recovered--it just clears the Gallery's database, which then gets rebuilt when you open it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo