Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I love TW personally and always stick with TW Roms on my S3 for the best stability.

As for Vzw getting this device....it hasn't been announced yet. If they do, it'll be well after all the other carriers. I think Verizon will wait and see how well it sells on other carriers before they decide. Especially since they won't be able to load it with bloat the way they do all their other devices.

tap'n

The only reason why Touchwiz roms are more stable on the S3 is because they are full compatible. AOSP on the S3 is a hackjob. AOSP on the Google S4 will be as stable, if not more so, than Touchwiz on the S4.

How can you even take anything called Touchwiz seriously?

1990gtx

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't download the phone book so that i can make calls out. Now if i go into my contacts and hand pick a number and dial it from my phone, it will go through my Sync speakers. but when i tell Sync to call someone, it says,(NO CONTACTS LISTED. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) I then say yes. It shows downloading phone book. After 2 minutes, it says download complete and goes back to the phone menu. then when i tell it to call mom, it says (NO CONTACTS IN PHONE BOOK. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) and over and over. It shows my Bluetooth is connected on my sync. And when i tell it Bluetooth audio, it says (NO BLUETOOTH DEVICE CONNECTING. SCANNING FOR BLUETOOTH DEVICE...............NO BLUE TOOTH DEVICE DETECTED.) So that's when i called Samsung tech support and spent over an hour with them trying to make it work.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey... What is not working with the ford? I have a 2011 explorer with sync and my nexus 4 connects via Bluetooth for both phone calls and music.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

2012 Ford edge here ... Works fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

gazoo2010

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't download the phone book so that i can make calls out. Now if i go into my contacts and hand pick a number and dial it from my phone, it will go through my Sync speakers. but when i tell Sync to call someone, it says,(NO CONTACTS LISTED. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) I then say yes. It shows downloading phone book. After 2 minutes, it says download complete and goes back to the phone menu. then when i tell it to call mom, it says (NO CONTACTS IN PHONE BOOK. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) and over and over. It shows my Bluetooth is connected on my sync. And when i tell it Bluetooth audio, it says (NO BLUETOOTH DEVICE CONNECTING. SCANNING FOR BLUETOOTH DEVICE...............NO BLUE TOOTH DEVICE DETECTED.) So that's when i called Samsung tech support and spent over an hour with them trying to make it work.

Thats weird. ... ive not seen any of those issues with any android phone (htc one x, galaxy nexus, note 2, nexus 4 or the s4).

I do know that ford put out a rather large update to the sync system sometime last year. .... perhaps there is an update for your car.....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Kata Rina

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I like some features of the touchwiz
I just added the S4 and I have till the end of the month to decide or return it.
I get everything I need from Google with Apps
Hating the Bloatware on the Samsung with no way to remove it. I still got my iPhone5.
I am not so happy with AT&T so. No support for Hangouts on cell? I have not even tried it yet.
And as it seems the Google wallet is not working with AT&T either?
If I was getting the google version it would not make a difference on AT&T? I tested T-Mobile for a month and it stinks evenso I am in an LTE area.
I really do not want to pay that much right now as I save my cash for $1500 Glass purchase.
But as I get from this threat there will be options later on to unlock and or get to root it, to get some of the junk off ?

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Definitely thinking about buying this when my Verizon contract expires. Here's my tribute to the S4 Google Edition:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368794936851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368794936851.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Fred Macintosh

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Samsung Galaxy S4 and it will not pair with the Microsoft Sync in my 2008 Ford Edge, the first year Ford offered this system. I found out you can take a empty, non password protected USB drove with over 1GB of memory and download updates when they become available: here is the website for the link: SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Check your SYNC software version | Ford.com
I haven't had time to do this operation or check with Ford or Samsung to see if the updates are compatible yet. If they are not, which was the case with your 2009 Sync system, hope they will be available once the programers at Ford get on the code and push the updates. If someone has an update, :) please post to help us all out.

After further review, I did a master reset on my Ford Sync, then phone>add device>press OK on steering wheel>make S4 discoverable>scan for devices>add pinn # from Sync....now the 2013 Samsung Galaxy S4 pairs with the 2008 Ford Microsoft Sync....do it can work for anyone with this Android 4.2.2 Build for the Samsung Galaxy S4.:)

Last edited: