Syncing Galaxy S4 contacts with MS Outlook 2007 using Kies

chris_p

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am using Samsung Kies to sync the contacts of my Outlook 2007 with my Galaxy S4. It works but I have two issues:
1) The field "note" is unlimited in Outlook but limited to max. 1000 characters in Kies.
2) Kies does not sync contacts that have no email and no phone number. (I use Outlook as a database for ideas, not only people.)

Is there a way round these 2 issues?

Also, the app Outlook.com does not sync at all with Outlook 2007 on my laptop. Is this normal or is there a way to sync Outlook email, contacts and calendar without using Kies?

Cheers,

Chris

rasrak

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I ma in the process of buying an S4.
But I ma heavily depndent on Tasks/Notes/Calendar on Outlook.
Are theer any issues on compatabilty.
Nokia and earlier and now BB syns beautifully but the OS 10 on BBM has been a let down.
Hence I am thinking f a shift out of BB to the Samsung 4.
Views welcome

hugh_h

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have two primary issues with Kies, plus one big disappointment.
The first issue is that Kies does not sync contacts to what I'm using for contacts -- Google, but to what I'm not using -- Samsung internal contacts, which I have five of. I wanted to use the S4 as a conduit to sync Outlook on my PC to Google Contacts which I use just as much if not more. Anything I add to Google Contacts would find it's way to my phone, then to Outlook Contacts. GUESS NOT!
The second issue is that Kies assumes the Outlook.PST file being used is on C:, while my profile is on another drive. (when is Microsoft going to get a clue about putting transient data on a different drive!?)

The big disappointment is that I'd like to drag and drop an ebook or music file into the appropriate folder (%profile%\Documents\Samsung\Kies\ebook for example) on my PC, and have it auto-sync to the phone when I connect using Kies. The sync apparently has nothing to do with all the other folders -- it only performs a sync on contacts etc.

I thought Kies would be a syncing product that would basically have the same file structure on the desktop as on the S4, and anything I drop in the tree on the desktop would just get copied into the same place on my phone. I could drag and drop documents, links and other things I need to read into folders, and they'd just be on my phone when I had a few minutes to take care of business. Sounded pretty obvious to me! I'll go looking for that functionality on Google_Play.

Since Kies can't find my real .PST file (doesn't accept another location) and doesn't really SYNC anything with any data in it, it isn't of much use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch