Battery replacement for my Galaxy S4

skinnybandit

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I haven't been on this site for a while now, it's nice to be back. I have a question about my Galaxy S4. I would like to get a replacement battery for it. The stock 2600mah battery doesn't last long enough for me. Now i was wondering what you guys think would be the best replacement battery? I would like at least a 3000mah battery, and i want to use the original back cover, so please no really bulky battery's. And i would like it to have nfc, i'm not sure what that is but i'v heard that some replacement battery's don't have this. And if you can include the link where i be buy these battery's that will be very help full as well. Thank you for all your help.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery replacement for my S4

I know the feeling. I didn't want to use an aftermarket battery, myself, so I use two stock batteries with an external charging pod. I've had oversize batteries in the past, but didn't like the bulk, or the fact that you can't ever find a decent case to use with one.

100 Original Samsung Galaxy s IV S4 Spare Battery Charging System Kit Battery | eBay

I nought mine from the Shop Android store when they had a 20% off deal, but without the charger itself. I have plenty of those laying around.

rduatc

May 1, 2013
Visit site

I bought some name brand non-oem batteries for my first S4. Two months of use and one of the batteries exploded and set fire to my phone. Luckily the company was a stand up company and replaced my phone. They examined the battery and found a defect in it that their QC did not catch. The lesson I learned is to only use original OEM batteries and chargers from Samsung. I have a total of three Samsung batteries that I charge in a external Samsung charger. I rotate through them when my battery gets down to about 20%. Takes about 20 seconds to change and I'm back to 100%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

worktorest

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I bought some name brand non-oem batteries for my first S4. Two months of use and one of the batteries exploded and set fire to my phone. Luckily the company was a stand up company and replaced my phone. They examined the battery and found a defect in it that their QC did not catch. The lesson I learned is to only use original OEM batteries and chargers from Samsung. I have a total of three Samsung batteries that I charge in a external Samsung charger. I rotate through them when my battery gets down to about 20%. Takes about 20 seconds to change and I'm back to 100%.

Lol I think you should let us know what the brand name is for safety reasons.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rduatc

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm hesitant to give their name because as I said before, they did the right thing and compensated me for my loss right away. My point was that this was a reputable company that makes compatible batteries for many cell phones and devices that most people are familiar with, and this occurred. I will never buy another lithium ion battery that is not OEM for any device I own. The violent and sudden nature of a battery explosion which occurred in my hands with no apparent reason or warning was enough to convince me. I'm sharing this story so that maybe someone else might be spared my experience.