mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Droid Life is reporting that some users of the S4 PE are already seeing 4.4.3. Anybody see it yet?

P.S. I am not interested in hearing "it's just a 0.1 bump so I don't care". This is one of the reasons I bought a PE phone. I want to see minor updates on my flagship phone shortly after the Nexus gets it.:D:D:D

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So far the reports I've seen are that some people running GPE roms are getting OTA notifications. We really need to get someone to capture the OTA so I can create the new ODIN packages for it. The build is NE3.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
OK good info, thanks. My phone is rooted, does that matter?

POSSIBLY. Root itself doesn't make any difference...hell I kept root through the update LOL...but what does matter is if you've used root to make changes to the system partition. If you get an error 7 it means that the assertions failed and something was changed. In that case, I'd just use ODIN to flash my ODIN TAR Full Rooted Restore and be done with it. But give the sideloading a try and see if it works first.

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the very useful info, I greatly appreciate your input and time. Fortunately, the OTA update just came through. Performing an update right now. Hopefully, it goes smoothly.
POSSIBLY. Root itself doesn't make any difference...hell I kept root through the update LOL...but what does matter is if you've used root to make changes to the system partition. If you get an error 7 it means that the assertions failed and something was changed. In that case, I'd just use ODIN to flash my ODIN TAR Full Rooted Restore and be done with it. But give the sideloading a try and see if it works first.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, then you changed something with root. :) You can either spend a bunch of time fixing it, or follow my ODIN post and flash the update through ODIN. Up to you but I know which route I'd take...

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Unrooting is not going to fix whatever you changed, no. You need odin 3.9, you need the FULL ROOTED image link, and you need to flash it. The directions are pretty clear. And no, it won't wipe your phone.

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
This one: ?

ODIN FULL RECOVER IMAGE (root is built in):

Unrooting is not going to fix whatever you changed, no. You need odin 3.9, you need the FULL ROOTED image link, and you need to flash it. The directions are pretty clear. And no, it won't wipe your phone.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I can see clearly that you didn't follow directions. The part about make sure your phone shows up under ID:COM isn't just for giggles. I do like to help people but I start to get frustrated very quickly when people just skip over things and ignore them. Read the directions, and follow them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87