Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I337 Running Android 4.4.2 Cricket

TurntAliens

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I really need to root my Samsung Galaxy S4 Model I337. It is running on android 4.4.2, and uses the Cricket service provider. I have not found any way to root. I have seen tutorials to root this phone and android version, but for AT&T so, because they are for at@t I do not want to take the risk of brickong my device because it is cricket and I am pretty sure that android software varies between carriers. It would be soooooooo helpul if someome could help me with my problem. And Yes i have tried towelroot, with all the three codes, with no success

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I really need to root my Samsung Galaxy S4 Model I337. It is running on android 4.4.2, and uses the Cricket service provider. I have not found any way to root. I have seen tutorials to root this phone and android version, but for AT&T so, because they are for at@t I do not want to take the risk of brickong my device because it is cricket and I am pretty sure that android software varies between carriers. It would be soooooooo helpul if someome could help me with my problem. And Yes i have tried towelroot, with all the three codes, with no success

Posted via the Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central!

I have the exact same phone, my son uses it. I personally used ODIN to flash TWRP custom recovery to the phone and then flashed a superuser zip that rooted the phone. I do believe that Kingroot works as well.