HTC One or Galaxy S4

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not. All you have to do is look at the comparisons of the screens (one was posted in the s4 forum) to see just how bad the brightness, white point, and color reproduction are. The note 2 screen is nothing to write home about. Certainly not 'excellent'.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Gotta love people who judge a phone off of screen shots, and think they know more than an owner.... /////duuuuurrrr

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm not. All you have to do is look at the comparisons of the screens (one was posted in the s4 forum) to see just how bad the brightness and color reproduction are. The note 2 screen is nothing to write home about. Certainly not 'excellent'.

Just because you are comparing images and one is better than the other does not make it horrible. Your choice of words are not informative rather inflammatory like I said . Your statements are structured as fact rather than opinion.

If you want to make your point ,post the pictures, state your case. Be objective and don't use negative opinionated descriptors. These threads should be informative not argumentative

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just because you are comparing images and one is better than the other does not make it horrible. Your choice of words are not informative rather inflammatory like I said . Your statements are structured as fact rather than opinion.

If you want to make your point ,post the pictures, state your case. Be objective and don't use negative opinionated descriptors. These threads should be informative not argumentative

The screens are horrible. They have a green tint, and awful brightness compared to others, as well as the negative side effects of Samsung's chosen pixel implementation. Stating the truth and using the correct adjectives is not inflammatory.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Gotta love people who judge a phone off of screen shots, and think they know more than an owner.... /////duuuuurrrr

If you're an owner, then you only know what your handset can produce, not what it is like compared to other handsets. Compared to other screens on the market, the note 2 and galaxy s3 are near the bottom of the barrel.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you're an owner, then you only know what your handset can produce, not what it is like compared to other handsets. Compared to other screens on the market, the note 2 and galaxy s3 are near the bottom of the barrel.

You are guilty of the same thing you are accusing other owners. Knowing your owned product and not others. Unless you of course are the only one with the ability to compare screens. You obviously have not done enough homework aswell,This is shown by saying the display has green tint when its universally agreed the whites have a blue tint. In pictures using a microscopic lense it looks green because the displays are RGBG. So saying it has a green tint shows you are basing your assumptions off of pictures of the display and not actual use. So these proper"adjectives"you are using is based on hear-say rather than actual usage.

And we both know you are not given constructive criticism rather just try to put down devices that you personally don't like.

Last edited:

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not. All you have to do is look at the comparisons of the screens (one was posted in the s4 forum) to see just how bad the brightness, white point, and color reproduction are. The note 2 screen is nothing to write home about. Certainly not 'excellent'.

I have a GS3 and dont even have the brightness turned up all the way. Its a little more than half. If your one that likes his turned up all the way then yes, you arent going to like it but more people like than not like the screen. And on the GS4 you can adjust your individual colors now. I like HTC's stuff but their batterys always suck on every phone so i dont buy them anymore.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a GS3 and dont even have the brightness turned up all the way. Its a little more than half. If your one that likes his turned up all the way then yes, you arent going to like it but more people like than not like the screen. And on the GS4 you can adjust your individual colors now. I like HTC's stuff but their batterys always suck on every phone so i dont buy them anymore.
the extended battery on my rezound last more then a day,and my DNA lasts a full day also,these statements are no different then people complaining about the screen on Samsung phones which also do not like, if i was to choose i also would go with the HTC.it's all preference,mine is screen quality and performance,and my DNA has not let me down.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Thankfully that's not for you to decide.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since you are looking at the HTC One and GS4 you must be either T-Mo or AT&T, so if you are on AT&T you can get the HTC One in 64GB (no other US carrier will get it) and the GS4 likely won't see 64GB in the US, and while that is ok with the 64GB microSD slot its a problem if you only get 16GB of internal app storage which is reduced to 10-11GB of actual storage. If you want fully usable storage HTC One would be the best bet.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
You are guilty of the same thing you are accusing other owners. Knowing your owned product and not others. Unless you of course are the only one with the ability to compare screens. You obviously have not done enough homework aswell,This is shown by saying the display has green tint when its universally agreed the whites have a blue tint. In pictures using a microscopic lense it looks green because the displays are RGBG. So saying it has a green tint shows you are basing your assumptions off of pictures of the display and not actual use. So these proper"adjectives"you are using is based on hear-say rather than actual usage.

And we both know you are not given constructive criticism rather just try to put down devices that you personally don't like.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

So then by your own admission you do not know what you are talking about.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Since you are looking at the HTC One and GS4 you must be either T-Mo or AT&T, so if you are on AT&T you can get the HTC One in 64GB (no other US carrier will get it) and the GS4 likely won't see 64GB in the US, and while that is ok with the 64GB microSD slot its a problem if you only get 16GB of internal app storage which is reduced to 10-11GB of actual storage. If you want fully usable storage HTC One would be the best bet.

T-Mobile is going to have it...so they say. Or maybe it was that it can have a 64GB Microcard? Either way 32GB is fine for me plus my 32GB microcard.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Since I don't look at my Note wearing a pair of coke bottles it looks pretty much excellent to me.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

fchowd0311

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

He is right about the gs3 display at least. I owned a galaxy nexus(same exact display as s3) and upgraded to a nexus 4. I did compare them side by side. Conclusion: the only thing the Galaxy Nexus was better at was blacks. I was amazed at how horrible the colors were represented, and for the first time I noticed how ridiculous of a tint my galaxy screen had. Also noticed the grainyness when solid colors were being represented on the pentile screen.

I cannot comment on the Note 2. Did they fix the tint issues with their amoled screens? If not then I can see why people would say its not great. I understand that the Note 2 isn't pentile so the grainyness must be fixed.

Michael Perna

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Dude you don't even try to sound objective do you? I'm not sure how the pay is but I feel like I could do your job. How does one inquire about such opportunities? HTC is really banking on this guerrilla marketing thing eh?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You took the words right out of my mouth!

So then by your own admission you do not know what you are talking about.

What on earth are you talking about?* I owned an s3 for several months and ended up hating it because of the screen. The note 2 is more of the same.*

I'll also be the first to admit the DNA screen is far from perfect.* Its color temp is a bit cold and it doesn't get as bright as htcs, 720p displays. But its still better than what samsung currently has on the market.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
He is right about the gs3 display at least. I owned a galaxy nexus(same exact display as s3) and upgraded to a nexus 4. I did compare them side by side. Conclusion: the only thing the Galaxy Nexus was better at was blacks. I was amazed at how horrible the colors were represented, and for the first time I noticed how ridiculous of a tint my galaxy screen had. Also noticed the grainyness when solid colors were being represented on the pentile screen.

I cannot comment on the Note 2. Did they fix the tint issues with their amoled screens? If not then I can see why people would say its not great. I understand that the Note 2 isn't pentile so the grainyness must be fixed.
I addressed that white has a blue tint. But he had said it has a green tint because he is basing his statements from looking at pictures of the screen which looks very green because of the pixel layout which is seen under a microscopic lense but the human Eye picks up on the much larger blue pixels which gives the screen the cool white look. He is not coming from an objective stand point.

Yes on note 2 the white is much better because of it being RGB and subpixels are equal sizes. As far as the colors they are horrible in your opinion allot of people like the colors. But if you don't like the colors the S4 has fixed this as you can adjust the colors to adobe standards which is what most people refer to when they say colors are more natural.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I addressed that white has a blue tint. But he had said it has a green tint because he is basing his statements from looking at pictures of the screen which looks very green because of the pixel layout which is seen under a microscopic lense but the human Eye picks up on the much larger blue pixels which gives the screen the cool white look. He is not coming from an objective stand point.

Yes on note 2 the white is much better because of it being RGB and subpixels are equal sizes. As far as the colors they are horrible in your opinion allot of people like the colors. But if you don't like the colors the S4 has fixed this as you can adjust the colors to adobe standards which is what most people refer to when they say colors are more natural.

Please note (Heh, pun), I didn't include the S4. The screen modes settings are what samsung should have included from the beginning of its amoled line.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You are just running around saying inflammatory statements for arguments sake. Ask any Note 2 Owner and they will tell you their screen is excellent.

Only because they want to feel good about their purchase! My EVO screen is 10 times better then any Sammy screen! And the 1 is even better!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87