Full Galaxy S4 specs

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Snapdragon 600 with 1.9 GHz Quad-core Krait 300.

Are you sure about this? Sorry to act like I'm doubting you, but literally nothing pops up during a Google search for the Fusion Pro. However, I'm hoping that's true. I can easily deal with the 600 (especially if it's clocked higher) but if Samsung went insane and put the S4 Pro in it, I'm going to have to pass for something else.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Not a problem, I had the same question myself. I figured it out by looking at what Qualcomm had posted for specs on their site and referenced that against the Snapdragon chart on wikipedia. It's the only one that matches availability and clock rate.

From Qualcomm's site:
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor targets high-end mobile devices. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor is designed to deliver great performance, rich graphics and enhanced user experience and will deliver up to 40 percent better performance than the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor at lower power. The new processor offers system-wide architectural improvements, key component upgrades and expanded connectivity options. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor features a new Krait 300 quad-core CPU with speeds up to 1.9GHz, a new speed enhanced Adreno 320 GPU and support for LPDDR3 memory. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor is sampling now and is expected to be available in commercial devices by second quarter 2013.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Not a problem, I had the same question myself. I figured it out by looking at what Qualcomm had posted for specs on their site and referenced that against the Snapdragon chart on wikipedia. It's the only one that matches availability and clock rate.

From Qualcomm's site:

That's probably it. It looks like only Cnet has the correct information so far and everyone else is wrongly reporting that it is using the S4 Pro. But I honestly think that's Samsung's fault. They weren't very clear on the specifications of the device.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
About the processor:

I'm no mobile hardware expert. Several sites say it will have the S4 Pro, clocked at 1.9GHz (that chip doesn't exist)
Mobile/financial analysts say that Samsung is using the APQ8064 (same chip as Nexus 4) and that's what has Qualcomm's stock so high.
The S600 doesn't have a modem and will need a separate chip.
The APQ8064 (S4 Pro) does not support the DDR3 Samsung announced.

DDR3 could be Exynos only.
Samsung could have went back to an external (from the SoC) modem and used the S600
It could be using a new S4 Pro clocked at 1.9
or all this could be wrong.

I've got some emails and messages out to people at Samsung, hoping for a solid answer tomorrow.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
About the processor:

I'm no mobile hardware expert. Several sites say it will have the S4 Pro, clocked at 1.9GHz (that chip doesn't exist)
Mobile/financial analysts say that Samsung is using the APQ8064 (same chip as Nexus 4) and that's what has Qualcomm's stock so high.

Samsung could have went back to an external (from the SoC) modem and used the S600

I've got some emails and messages out to people at Samsung, hoping for a solid answer tomorrow.

Thanks for checking it out! I'm depending on it being the 600 or else I really don't see the point in buying it (I have a Nexus 4). Have you heard anything about the DAC of either variant?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
About the processor:

Thank you jerry unless only the exynos s4 us using ddr3 ram it can't be the pro, because the s4 pro doesn't support it. And I doubt Qualcomm us going to make a special chip that supports ddr3 and 1.9 clock speeds just for Samsung. Then again the s4 pro doesn't have a modem but the prime does. Though I though Qualcomm morphed the prime into the 600/800. But then again I could be very wrong

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
^^^^^
I agree with you on HTC...
I want to get the HTC ONE...
but i'm afraid once S4 gonna be launch....HTC's price gonna reduce dramatically
and even though it sucks....people's gonna be all over S4

If the HTC doesn't handle multi-tasking better than the 1x / EvoLTE, it's a non-starter for me. HTC seriously needs to put Sense on a diet. I thought I was going to get an EvoLTE to replace my old Evo 4g, until I used it side by side with the S3 and saw just how sluggish it was, and how lacking the multi-tasking was.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Thank you jerry unless only the exynos s4 us using ddr3 ram it can't be the pro, because the s4 pro doesn't support it. And I doubt Qualcomm us going to make a special chip that supports ddr3 and 1.9 clock speeds just for Samsung. Then again the s4 pro doesn't have a modem but the prime does. Though I though Qualcomm morphed the prime into the 600/800. But then again I could be very wrong

Given that Samsung is likely to sell 40 million of these things over the next couple of years, Qualcomm just might have the incentive to build a new chip for it. Which they would then turn around and sell to other manufacturers, too. Of course I have no idea whether this is true.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell did the US get the Snapdragon when the note 2 has an exynos 4 with lte? Come on Samsung seriously?! We know the exynos chips can utilize lte so why can't we have the octa

Edit: after looking at a cnet spec sheet it said 1.9 ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon fusion pro.... anyone heard of this processor?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Why the hell did the US get the Snapdragon when the note 2 has an exynos 4 with lte? Come on Samsung seriously?! We know the exynos chips can utilize lte so why can't we have the octa

Edit: after looking at a cnet spec sheet it said 1.9 ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon fusion pro.... anyone heard of this processor?

The Verge is reporting a S4 pro, Cnet is reporting the Fusion pro (Also never heard of this). If i have to trust one site in a pinch its going to be The Verge.

I think the specs reported in the keynote were all related to the exynos to make the information look as good as possible.

The S4 pro if true, The pentile display and the fact that i saw lag in the hands on video with Phil makes this phone a little disappointing when comparing it to the HTC One.

Hopefully Jerry will hear back from Samsung with good news on the processor, the other 2 things i can live with.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, on this whole processor thing: given my somewhat limited knowledge of mobile computing, if they are using the S4 Pro, doesn't the phone HAVE to be slower (in terms of speed the processor governs) than say the Nexus 4? Same processor, many more pixels to push, plus TW overlayed...means just sitting there it's lifting more weight with the same muscle right?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm guessing you didn't read the thread. You should do that next time. Your question about the Fusion Pro was answered.

jamie stevens

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
question for you that know processors. not sure if im correct but only one core runs until you need another one right? so in theory 1.9 quad will run faster than a 1.6 octa unless you have Several things running at once. not sure if this is correct someone let me know?

antonio_jimenez

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
i have a little question, the S4 will have two version as the S3? i mean the american version and the international version?? i prefer the international one.

well that's all thank you :)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, on this whole processor thing: given my somewhat limited knowledge of mobile computing, if they are using the S4 Pro, doesn't the phone HAVE to be slower (in terms of speed the processor governs) than say the Nexus 4? Same processor, many more pixels to push, plus TW overlayed...means just sitting there it's lifting more weight with the same muscle right?

They confirmed it will have the 1.9Ghz 600: U.S. Galaxy S4 model to be powered by Snapdragon 600 CPU | Android Central,
not the S4 Pro.