Att will offer 32gb Saturday April 27

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I was in AT&T today to get a little hands-on time with the GS4 since I've recently decided to get that instead of the HTC One. Anyway, I asked the rep (yeah, I know :p) about the 32 gb version and he said (yeah, I know:p) he had gotten an internal memo that said the info on the availability of the 32 gb version would be coming. Anyway, thats not too helpful as far as nailing down a date, but it at least gives me hope of getting the 32 at AT&T sometime. I probably could get away with a 16 but if I can have a 32, why not? I know that the reps don't have a great track record but I go into this particular store and harass those guys all the time because I'm a phone junkie. He also told me he is getting the GS4 and is holding off for the 32.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Lol, you're a pretty optimistic guy from seeing you around the board. I hope there is a 64GB S4 for Verizon one day and you get it.

Anyway, no the Octa won't run on LTE. It's available primarily in markets where there is no LTE for that reason. If it did though, you wouldn't be able to use it. It's a phone on GSM frequencies and Verizon uses CDMA frequencies, so they aren't compatible. And Verizon wouldn't even bother with it if it did work on CDMA because you didn't buy the phone from them. So yeah, there's absolutely no way in hell this phone would work on Verizon.

I don't believe this is correct. This link says the Exynos octa cpu will support LTE:
Samsung Exynos 5 Octa: LTE support confirmed | BGR

I had no choice but to get the 16 Gb GS4. I started service with AT&T about 10 days ago with the Galaxy Note 2. I found it to be too large for my daily driver, as others have noted. I really wanted to like that GN2... and did, to a point. But it was not for me. I had to make a decision this week if I was to stay within my 14 day trial and swap out phones. Yes, 9.x gB is what you're left with. Mine shows 9.62 gB total space and 8.83 gB available after applications, pics/videos, audio, downloads, and misc files. That's not much, but I hope it will be enough. I presently have a 16 gB SD card for storage. But you can't run apps from the SD card.

I find the GS4 to be much more in line with the size I like to deal with and only give up 1/2 inch in display size. The GS4 fits very comfortably in hand, even with the Speck Candy shell case. On the Note 2, I tried the OB Defender case... much too bulky and heavy. Pressing the power button was a chore and caused the case to flex and creak. And while the integral screen protector was well engineered and performed admirably, I never got comfy with the double touch... I could feel the screen protector first and then the glass display next as a double touch sensation. I tried the Seidio Active case and holster which I like much better than the OB Def. But still, that GN2 was just too large for me to handle comfortably as my daily driver.

I am favorably impressed with the GS4 thus far (less than 24 hours). Battery life seems excellent, if initial impressions are accurate. Out of the box, it showed 60%. 10 hours later, with setup, multiple calls, texting and some play time, it was only down to 30%. I hope that sort of power usage holds up. And the phone seems fine to me too. I was concerned about the GS4 having an inferior phone experience coming from the GN2. But that concern turned out to be baseless in my case.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
When I was at the store I was reminded how much I liked the GN2 size but not the storage. Optimistic that Samsung is going to put a 32GB minimum in the GN3 this fall and if they do and it looks as good as it should I may switch over, not sure. Right now its all about a 32GB GS4.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was in AT&T today to get a little hands-on time with the GS4 since I've recently decided to get that instead of the HTC One. Anyway, I asked the rep (yeah, I know :p) about the 32 gb version and he said (yeah, I know:p) he had gotten an internal memo that said the info on the availability of the 32 gb version would be coming. Anyway, thats not too helpful as far as nailing down a date, but it at least gives me hope of getting the 32 at AT&T sometime. I probably could get away with a 16 but if I can have a 32, why not? I know that the reps don't have a great track record but I go into this particular store and harass those guys all the time because I'm a phone junkie. He also told me he is getting the GS4 and is holding off for the 32.

Over at XDA-Developers site someone mentioned that a Samsung Rep had been into the ATT store and mentioned the 32&64 would be shipping within a week. Now I don't buy the 64GB part since ther has been no mention of it coming to the US, but if the 32GB does hit this weekend I will be jazzed since I leave for vacation next week and really could use the phone asap.

rugmankc

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
that's what i am waiting for also. won't buy the 16gb version. learned that lesson on my One S. and i am not a heavy storage user.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
When I was at the store I was reminded how much I liked the GN2 size but not the storage. Optimistic that Samsung is going to put a 32GB minimum in the GN3 this fall and if they do and it looks as good as it should I may switch over, not sure. Right now its all about a 32GB GS4.

I've no doubt they will, but you know what's going to happen -- you'll end up waiting months after the N3 16GB is released. It would be nice if 32GB becomes the floor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II using Tapatalk 2

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Over at XDA-Developers site someone mentioned that a Samsung Rep had been into the ATT store and mentioned the 32&64 would be shipping within a week. Now I don't buy the 64GB part since ther has been no mention of it coming to the US, but if the 32GB does hit this weekend I will be jazzed since I leave for vacation next week and really could use the phone asap.

I would love for the 32s to roll in this week! I got paid today and my upgrade is tomorrow. That is not a good combination for someone like me who is very impatient! I don't know how long I will be able to resist the 16 if they drag this out too long.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since I am living with a crappy flip phone every month that ticks by is another month closer to the end of my contract. Regardless of have 4 months left I am paying the ETF on Verizon and getting the S4 32GB as soon as it drops. Its a joke the way Verizon has their ETF now anyways. Its $350 and it drops $10 a month and over 24 months that is only $240 so no matter when you quit you are still getting screwed even if you are down to the last couple of months. Not sure when they "revised" this but its just another poor customer service thing Verizon has done. The ETF is supposed to cover the carrier subsidy, not pad their fat wallets.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Wish it had been announced or even known about last weekend. I got the Optimus G Pro. Same hardware (minus some sensors), CPU, memory, finally same internal 32GB (yet actual space will be interesting to compare). Since I paid retail $549 vs $639+$50 for the extra 16GB I am happy with my choice. I have no doubt the OG Pro will get 4.2 in the next 4-6 months in time to resurge against the GN3 and IF the GN3 is better I could easily go with that.

I have really chosen based on the screen size and internal storage more than anything else.

rugmankc

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I will look at Pro also, as ATT waited too long and I now have two choices. My one son wants the 32gb S4 no matter what. Is the Pro all you expected, any negatives. Mainly concerned about lag issues on these phones. LG already put out an update. So, I think they will keep that coming.
Sorry for straying OT--:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty