[GALAXY S4] BUG THREAD!! Found a bug?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Everyone hates bugs! No not the type you splat, squish or run from and scream :D I'm talking about hardware or software related bugs. So here is the thread to report, discuss and attempt to resolve them within. Try and include which carrier/region specific phone your posting about so everyone understands which your referring to.

Screenshot are worth a million words so if possible provide them along with any other important info.

Enjoy!

shyamsaini

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone, Having used my New S4 for now 4 hours, only problem occured to me is slight temperature on the top end of the phone.
Is anyone else is experiencing the same. if so please update others..

kaede177

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me too but I'm pretty sure it was all the initial syncing with contacts and everything. It's all fine now :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

shyamsaini

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me too but I'm pretty sure it was all the initial syncing with contacts and everything. It's all fine now :)

Yes, I think it was initial sync too. Now its completely ok.
Battery is good.( its one first charge cycle. it will get better after 3-4 full charge.)
Display is awesome. I kinda feel it better than S3 (Sensitivity & Brightness.)
No Freeze or crashes so far. Played new Iron Man game for nearly 30min.
Not used to all fancy features yet like smart pause,scroll n all. Air gesture will take bit practice, but handy to answer the phone without touching the screen.
Myself, after using Iphone for 3 years, this is my first switch to android phone. n so far, no complains. totally new experience.
Hope all gets their delivery of S4 on time.
Cheers to everyone.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I guess the 'Air Features' don't o sell sometimes.
Such as checking the time when the device is off, may not work as expected.
I've also heard that TouchWiz UX 2.0 isn't really optimized greatly, yet.
Such as it delaying input, its not a slow device, just the optimization with the software.

These aren't bugs, but would like to point it out.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Not to mention secondhand speculation from someone who doesn't have the phone. Really, what's the point of even posting that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a question, not sure it's a bug or not, or just me doing something wrong.

When I had the note 2 and I went on a website and downloaded a font I was able to use it... but with the S4, went to the same site to download the same font.. I could see it when I go in my settings to change the font, but when I press OK to select it.. it says "Font not available"

Does S4 support different file type? (the font was .apk)

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Just for note.
You are right, it isn't a bug, but I did imply that in the end of the post.
Some people may be interested in how the gestures work.
People might be interested if the software is well implemented in Android. As it might improve.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

I think most would rather hear it from someone who actually has the phone is what he was saying. And he's right, by the way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

davidusr

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ive experienced lag between home screen and app drawer, and the camera crashed.
I've had the phone for 2 hours.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to use the keek app. And realized the videos are distorted green with lines. I tried recording in app as well as on the camera and upload but it still looks like this. Anyone else experiencing this?

The camera is working fine though but only noticed this happening in the keek app.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367083897996.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367083897996.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 325
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367083911841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367083911841.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 2,597

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to use the keek app. And realized the videos are distorted green with lines. I tried recording in app as well as on the camera and upload but it still looks like this. Anyone else experiencing this?

The camera is working fine though but only noticed this happening in the keek app.

Any ideas?

Could be due to the screen resolution .. Not too many apps support 1080P...yet

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I think most would rather hear it from someone who actually has the phone is what he was saying. And he's right, by the way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Could be Samsung paying people to bash Samsung. Punishment for their little HTC stunt. ;)

Reuben Chew

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The WatchON app, especially the updated version, works only with the initial device you set up (TV/Projector). Any subsequent devices you add asks you to tap the button below--but there is no button to tap at all! Original version did not have this issue.

Also, supposedly I should be able to add my own stereo and stuff. But the only options I see are TV, DVD Player, AV Receiver, Streaming Device and something else. No option for stereos at all. Feeling very disappointed at this supposedly 'killer app'

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

Any ideas?

when im using instagram and i hit to HDR a picture im editing it does that and turns alot of it green... dunno why

Daley Yong

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Experiencing blackout on my phone. My phone exits to screen saver mode and will be stuck there for 5 seconds or more.
Can still switch on and off but will stay on that screen saver for 5 seconds.
Anyone experiencing the same problem?
Thanks.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I just tried that and mine did too. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

i tried reporting the problem in the app and i keep getting an error that it wont send.. glad its not just me.. looks like instagram needs to fix something..
i was going to make a seperate thread about this but didnt get a chance to yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38